Columbus, OH, United States
Toptal Member Since
January 13, 2021
Denny is a UX designer with a background in visual design and ethnography. He has created brands and experiences for clients, including Aramark and Pittsburgh International Airport. He specializes in wireframes, prototyping, and interaction design and excels at communicating design rationale to stakeholders and teammates. Particular interests include audio modality, transportation, and systems that unite digital and physical space.
Dennis is available for hireHire Dennis
PIT+ for Pittsburgh International Airport
PrototypingUX DesignUX ResearchUser-centered Design (UCD)Service DesignAirport Transportation+ 10 more
Oddio - Audio-Based Social Media Platform
Greenthumb - Labor-Sharing Mobile App for Community Gardening
Breezy - Powerful Mobile Data Hub For CPAP Device Users
Medical DevicesHealthcare DesignerUX DesignUser Interface (UI)FigmaInteraction Design (IxD)+ 8 more
Flexpanel - Data-Driven Multimodal Transportation Display
Public TransportationAirport TransportationDashboard DesignTV UIUX DesignAdobe Illustrator+ 7 more
2017 - PRESENT
- Designed various materials for over a dozen end clients, including Burger King, Canon, Tim Horton's, Givaudan, and McCain Foods.
- Created over 200 icons in various styles, both expanding and creating design systems.
- Worked on various media, including information display boards, responsive website concepts, resource centers, gated and ungated content pages, consumer packaged goods, and print layout.
Technologies: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Experience Design (XD)
2020 - 2020
Pittsburgh International Airport
- Provided strategic and technical direction for PIT’s queueing and waiting systems, mobile product, and supporting ecosystem.
- Created and improved product flows based on insights from user research, as well as a roadmap for medium-term product development and deployment.
- Headed storyboarding, wireframing, and prototype design, and created a design system for screens and support materials. Participated in full user research and requirements gathering process.
- Collaborated with a cross-functional team, the client, and consultant partners as part of the airport’s new terminal design process.
Technologies: Adobe Illustrator, Figma
2019 - 2019
- Designed and conceptualized branding, signage, and digital interfaces as part of an interdisciplinary team at a leading retail consulting firm.
- Worked with designers, strategists, and stakeholders to develop and maintain design systems for five retail clients in an agile environment.
- Created environmental screens and graphics for concept and flagship stores, including five new brands for college dining restaurants.
Technologies: Photoshop CC, InDesign CC, Adobe Illustrator
2017 - 2018
State Auto Insurance
- Created infographics, illustrations, and more than 80 all-new icons for print, digital, and mobile apps.
- Devised and implemented long-term projects, including a new visual system for insurance appetites.
- Created email templates and instances for consumer and agent-facing campaigns.
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator
2015 - 2016
Managing Editor for Design
- Managed a team of designers to produce over 80 print issues of Ohio State's newspaper.
- Designed and implemented a rebranding effort for the newspaper's print and digital operations, including logo, iconography, typography, and formatting updates.
- Created over 20 infographics and illustrations to accompany a variety of stories, sections, and series.
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign
2019 - 2020
Master's Degree in Human-Computer Interaction
Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA
2012 - 2016
Bachelor's Degree in Geography
Ohio State University - Columbus, OH