Verified Expert in Design
Gail is a UX design leader with over 11 years of experience. She's highly skilled at uncovering user needs and creating solutions that serve business and user goals. She is most experienced in eCommerce, application software, and customer service. Gail easily solves complex user scenarios by exercising UX strategy skills like user journey maps, user flows, system maps, and service blueprints.
Lead Experience Designer
Big 3 Wireless Provider
- Increased our digital engagement rate to around 19% after redesigning the web and app's contact-us page.
- Reinvented the app's scan-and-go feature for customers to quickly check out and exit the store, freeing up agent time.
- Designed the schedule-a-call feature, increasing the number of customers to schedule a callback from 65,000 to 150,000, with 13,000 calls deflected daily, saving $170,000 in daily costs.
- Achieved 90% first-time resolution of customer issues after designing a new feature that added human-assisted contact options in the chatbot. In a follow-up study, 80% of customers who experienced this said it exceeded their expectations.
- Won Verizon Design Lab, a design incubation program for designers to develop innovative, ready-to-implement concepts that benefit stakeholders.
- Received a Verizon Recognizing You! Spotlight Award for my collaboration and teamwork on the contact-us project, with the feedback: "Innovation in your designs reflect[s] customer empathy and understanding."
UX Design Consultant
- Performed Walmart grocery service mapping and research from February to April 2019 for Publicis and Digitas.
- Conducted C-suite software UX research and design from January 2018 to January 2019 for IHS Markit.
- Executed Nasdaq's C-suite software UX research and design from May 2017 to January 2018.
- Researched and designed an Android app's UX for StanPlus from February to March 2017.
- Oversaw a small creative team and led the design and management of demanding timelines for all digital campaigns.
- Conceptualized, led the design of, and maintained triggered and behavior-based email campaigns.
- Mentored designers in the design process and helped to track, monitor, and reach their career goals.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Art History and Graphic Design
University of Arizona - Tucson, Arizona, United States
UX Design Immersive Bootcamp