Verified Expert in Design
Gary is a UX and digital product designer with 22+ years of commercial experience and 15 years in principal and senior roles. His approach helped many organizations swiftly move from discovery and scoping into wireframing, visualization, and prototyping. For him, UX outputs are visual extensions of the wider conversation as much as they are project artefacts. They facilitate rapid iteration cycles and breathe life into the process, allowing teams to collaborate and invest in better outcomes.
UX Principal and Product Designer
- Re-designed a business intelligence app presenting data analytics dashboards to inform large-scale change management programs.
- Delivered discovery and ideation workshops to identify project goals and conceptualize key user journeys and task flows.
- Presented daily design iterations to key stakeholders, clearly describing design decisions based on research and analysis.
- Elaborated on must-have requirements to increase value to the end-user experience.
Product UX Lead
- Designed large-scale healthcare, transportation, and BI applications from initial discovery through to visualization and working prototypes.
- Translated product vision into workflows, wireframes, and prototypes through Agile design sprints for iterative testing.
- Developed and enhanced design systems for design and development teams.
- Transformed a legacy on-premise product suite to cloud-based SAAS applications working with global product managers, business analysts, and software developers.
- Established new working practices to integrate Agile UX into the product development lifecycle, including presenting the methodology to the UK business at the ATM and conducting workshops at an offshore development center in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Transformed the Experian Data Quality website UX and UI, working directly with product owners in the US, including discovery workshops on-site in Boston, MA.
- Built the discovery phase, product ideation, wireframing, visualization, and prototyping from the ground up for enterprise banking applications for Barclays.
- Created low and high-fidelity prototypes for user testing and task flow analysis throughout iteration cycles and final evaluation prior to market launch.
- Recruited and managed full-service design team to deliver large-scale digital transformation projects including UI, animation, front-end, and back-end developers.
Group Creative Director
2ergo (now Eagle Eye Solutions)
- Designed Auto Trader iPad application in response to growing tablet traffic (+133%) on their website. Completed conceptualization through to UX, full design, and implementation.
- Delivered dual Agile design and build projects for Burberry with weekly iterations of UX and UI outputs for review and iteration, one sprint ahead of the iOS engineering team.
- Delivered the 2018 South Africa FIFA World Cup app on iPhone and Android for Fox Sports (US) with weekly updates during the tournament. Covered everything from conceptualization to implementation.
- Created productized components for ERP Integrated eCommerce websites for multi-channel retailers, enabling rapid deployment of solutions for Sage and Maginus customers.
- Re-designed co-op electrical shop eCommerce website to increase revenues five times in 12 months, working closely with marketing agencies to iterate and test user buying journeys in response to marketing campaigns.
- Re-designed the Nisbets website to include both B2C and B2B functionality and increase revenues and operational efficiency through rich trade account features.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Design Practice and Graphic Design
University of Salford - Salford, UK
BTEC Design Foundation Diploma in Graphic Design
Chester School of Art and Design - Chester, UK
GCE Advanced Level in Fine Art, Design, English, and General Studies
Sir John Deane’s Sixth Form College - Northwich, UK