Verified Expert in Design
George is a design director specializing in UI/UX design, with a strong focus on a human-centered design approach. His background includes designing visual experiences for enterprise-level brands and post-series A startups. In George's career, he has worked with Fortune 500 companies, such as Uber, Intel, Nutanix, Palo Alto Networks, Statefarm, and others. He wants to build an awesome future together with you.
Product Design Lead (Customer and Business Experience)
United Healthcare (via Hoverstate)
- Created a product design strategy and worked with the C-level management team to explore product opportunities.
- Conducted cross-team user research, built a hypothesis, and tested potential solution drafts against core user personas.
- Created multiple low-fidelity clickable prototypes. Conducted multiple rounds of user testing for concept verification.
- Established and implemented a design system for the organization.
- Designed high-fidelity UI mockups and worked closely with the development team. Assured quality control during the implementation stage.
- Executed project discovery and conducted user research.
- Built multiple design concepts and tested them against the core user audience.
- Created a complete design system language and deployed a design library.
- Created more than 200 UI screens and over 500+ components.
Design Leader (CX)
- Led user research, competitor analysis, hypothesis, user-testing, and UI/UX design.
- Built a complete design system language, components, and tokenized system for developers.
- Created user-personas and tested prototypes against a selected audience.
Lead Product Designer
- Led an internal dashboard design initiative for a web version of the product.
- Designed and built a design system language and scaled it across all products within organization.
- Worked directly with product leads, head of design, and stakeholders.
- Collaborated with the director of product towards the company's website redesign.
- Gathered a design and development team and work towards the initiative of launching the website before a major conference in January 2020.
Product Design Lead
- Led the Core UI experience design.
- Performed UX research, created storyboards and user-flow, as well as created visionary concepts and managing the UI design process.
- Worked directly with the VP of design and led the rest of the design team towards successful design execution.
Director of Design
- Designed custom checkout and reporting dashboard experience.
- Recruited design team members.
- Developed scalable design system for the organization.
Awesome Design LLC
- Led all aspects of design including product, brand, UX, and UI.
- Grew the company's visual style and design standards.
- Coordinated the design team's work processes.
- Recruited and coached design team members.
Contract UI design lead
- Worked on implementing best UX practices for different projects.
- Translated UX mockups to high fidelity UI designs.
- Led UI design development across products.
- Collaborated with engineers to perform implementation quality assurance.
Head of Design
- Led the brand and visual direction for various projects across the company to ensure best possible product usage experiences. I was responsible for developing and pushing forward unique and recognizable company's visual style.
- Established and maintained design systems and guidelines to create consistency and work closely with product design team was critical to implement it across products and platforms.
- Recruited and guided a team of UX/UI and graphic designers.
- Collaborated with engineers to implement quality assurance processes.
All Media LTD
- Worked as an individual designer and freelance consultant.
- Contributed to a variety of design projects including print design, user experience design, user interface design, logo design, identity packages, and digital photography.
- Managed client meetings, projects, and subcontractors.
- Contributed to digital imaging and information design in multiple forms including graphic design, identity packages, layout, and digital photography.
- Worked directly with clients including design related meetings, design pitch presentations, and the design creation process.
College Degree in Graphic Design
ISMA - Riga, Latvia