Verified Expert in Design
Greg is a hybrid storyteller with deep experience leading UI/UX, visual, and motion design for world-class multi-disciplinary creative teams in the entertainment and technology arenas. He balances both a product design and marketing design mindset. He has crafted products and marketed products that touch tens of millions of users across OTT (FireTV), voice UI (Alexa), augmented reality, mobile, tablet, desktop, gaming, and TV.
Family.me Memory Builder
MARVEL Cinematic Universe Fire TV Experience
Star Wars Augmented Reality Experience with Amazon
Design Lead for FireTV Platform (Sr. UX Designer)
- Designed a new Fire TV LIVE Event platform leveraging social feeds via Twitter integration.
- Led the EUMFA integration for Fire TV.
- Designed the new App Bundle collections for ease of bulk app download and installs for Fire TV.
- Led the design voice for monetization for Fire TV in India.
- Explored new avenues for app re-engagement across Fire TV through A/B test and iterations.
Design Lead for Amazon Appstore for Android (Sr. UX Designer)
- Drove the redesign, testing, and launch of Amazon’s Appstore for Android.
- Explored, evaluated, and pitched new next-gen 'What if' product initiatives that scale across localized marketplaces (US, India, Japan, EU).
- Concepted, prototyped, and pitched a new Alexa/Appstore integration focused on bridging relationships for game developers and customers.
- Designed, pitched, tested, and launched a new Cash Back experience that rewards customers for their purchases on Appstore by providing them with 5% back to use across Amazon.
- Designed, tested, and launched a new app store experience for our India customers. This experience provided free apps and games for customers. We wanted to see the lift in engagement with a completely free app store experience.
Design Lead (Sr. Interaction Designer)
- Built out the initial ADX Design team in Santa Monica. This was a hybrid team of interaction, design technologist, visual and motion designers who will assist in scaling Amazon's Ad business.
- 2016 Webby Awards - MINIONS MAKE MAYHEM AT AMAZON - Advertising & Media | Brand Strategy.
- ThinkLA | 2016 IDEA Awards - MINIONS MAKE MAYHEM AT AMAZON - Campaign of the Year.
- Built out the initial Blue Prints program that assisted our client partners with Ad Specs and Templates via an easy to deliver and download system.
- Consistently lead the org each quarter with the highest conversion metrics across multiple experience campaigns.
The Walt Disney Company (ABC Digital)
- Defined and implemented the visual and experience methodology for ABC.com and Oscar.com (Multiple Years) site redesigns.
- Developed branded motion packages for original web series content that supports shows like LOST, Grey’s Anatomy, and Desperate Housewives.
- EMMY Nominated in the category of Outstanding Special Class Programs: LOST Presents: Mysteries of The Universe – The Dharma Initiative.
- EMMY Win (Group) for Outstanding Achievement in Digital Media: Oscar.com Digital Experience.
- Managed and developed career growth strategies and mentorship plans for a team of 12 direct reports in Los Angeles and New York City.
- Designed a Yahoo! Search gaming initiative by creating a game co-branded with the NY Times, converting 35 million users in two weeks.
- Partnered with the Y! Kids vertical and designed a first of its kind co-branded casual game that integrated with Y! Shopping's Holiday Gift List.
- Designed, pitched, and launched a white label gaming experience that could live across any business unit within the portfolio of Y! properties. Partners included: Y! Finance, Y! TV, Y! Movies, Y! Search, Y! News, Y! Worlds.
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring