AVP, Senior Product Designer
2015 - PRESENT
- Partnered with product managers, stakeholders, development, analysts, designers, legal risk and compliance. Prioritized work based on customer value, KPIs, and technical feasibility. Managed and delivered projects from beginning to end.
- Designed and delivered a debt-to-income ratio calculator for customers who want to understand their finances and increase their ability to secure a loan. Reports indicate 200,000 users per month.
- Designed and delivered FICO credit score reporting for customers who want to monitor their credit rating and manage their credit usage. Reports indicate about six million users, over 43% actively engaged and improving.
- Created a savings assessment tool for customers seeking financial stability, and better savings habits. Reports indicate 1,500 consultations monthly, with over 90% success rate.
- Co-created a pattern library and design system that supported 250+ design team members; created workflows, wire frames, and other design artifacts for digital content.
- Provided art direction and guidance to visual designers on projects; developed tools, templates, and procedures to improve organizational efficiency, and.
productivity; ensured adherence to brand standards across all digital platforms;
- Conducted interviews with business partners and stakeholders; tested, measured, and iterated on designs for maximized engagement and performance.
Technologies: Sketch, InVision, Wireframing, Protoyping, Visual Art, UX, UI, Finance, Mobile Banking, Credit Management, Saving, Budgeting, Personal Finance, Apps, Cross-platform UX, Design Systems, Responsive Design, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Live Chat, Project Management, Feature Prioritization, Agile, Feature Planning, Kanban
Product Design Lead
2014 - 2015
Bank of America
- Managed, designed and delivered Bank of America V3 software solution which replaced five legacy applications; guided business and team through key design engagements, and facilitated dialogue around front end requirements and business requirements.
- Provided research and discovery for a “responsive” .COM; created storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications.
- Created the Bank of America Apple Watch app, providing notifications, up-to-the-moment balance information, and P2P payments as an exercise in organizational innovation.
- Identified and documented interaction patterns and maintained them within a user experience pattern library.
- Conducted stakeholder interviews, user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture, interaction design.
- Led participatory and iterative design activities, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Drove innovative solutions within platform constraints and technical limitations; developed interaction models and conceptual frameworks of experience; researched technology and interaction design trends.
Technologies: Wireframing, Protoyping, Visual Design, Sketch, InVision, UX, UI, Banking & Finance, Internal Systems, Small Business Services, Online Banking, Design Systems, Apps, Cross-platform UX, Responsive Design, Project Management, Agile, Kanban, Feature Prioritization, Feature Planning
UX Design Lead
2013 - 2015
The Idea People, Marketing Agency
- Directed and designed multiple websites and apps for clients, collaborating with developers to ensure integrity of project design and function; conducted product discovery meetings to identify client's key goals, and developed feature sets.
- Created user stories, journey experience maps, workflows, site maps, wire-frames, and other artifacts; created and managed pattern libraries, project artifacts and assets;
- Provided research and analysis of customer data for insights and recommendations that resulted in improved campaign/site performance and digital KPIs.
- Introduced and led team in Agile/Scrum project management transformation; created and groomed product backlogs; estimated and prioritized feature sets and task scheduling; monitoring and confirming acceptance criteria.
Technologies: Adobe CC, Wireframing, Protoyping, Visual Design, UX, UI, Marketing, Web Design, Apps, Small Business Design, Cross-platform UX, Responsive Design, Branding, Style Guides, Design Systems
2013 - 2014
- Created multiple apps, websites, and cross-channel solutions in an agile agency environment, collaborating with the development team to estimate and prioritize user stories.
- Held product discovery meetings and workshops to facilitate product vision and strategy; created mind maps, storyboards, and scenarios.
- Created wire frames, prototypes, and assets; managed pattern libraries, project artifacts, and assets.
- Validated interactions, behaviors, and attributes; conducted focus groups and user testing.
Technologies: UX, UI, Wireframing, Visual Design, Prototyping, Marketing, Branding, Style Guides, Style Kits, Web Design, Apps, Cross-platform UX, Responsive Design, Startups, UX Workshops, Discovery, UX Strategy, Creative Thinking, eCommerce, User Needs, UX Research, Testing
UX and Visual Designer
2012 - 2013
- Planned and developed websites for the global market integrated with eCommerce, social networking features, and media feeds.
- Performed heuristic evaluations of company's multiple websites, researched user experience maps, developed and implemented efficiency solutions, processes and workflows.
- Oversaw administration and maintenance of the site and eCommerce product updates.
Technologies: UI, UX, Web Design, Web Marketing, Online Shops, Subscriptions, eCommerce, Wireframing, Protoyping, Visual Design, Branding, Style Guides, Design Systems
UX and Visual Designer
2009 - 2011
- Re-branded the company and created brand standards and style guides for digital channels and products.
- Created website wireframes, prototypes and partnered with front-end developers to develop a website with eCommerce, social networking features, and media feeds.
- Created strong leading conceptual work, catalog design, look-books, and event advertising in both print and digital formats.
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Wireframing, Prototyping, Visual Design, Adobe CC, UI, UX, Web Design, Marketing, Social Media Campaigns, Cross-platform UX, Lookbook Design, Catalog Design, Style Guides, Photography, Art Direction, Creative Thinking, Design Workshops
2008 - 2009
- Planned, designed, and tested websites, integrated support applications and mobile apps to ensure great user experiences.
- Provided client branding and identity, graphic designing for products, catalogs, event advertising, marketing campaigns, and created business sets.
- Managed business needs, creating clear and attainable project objectives, project requirements, and timelines.
Technologies: UI, UX, Art Direction, Websites, Apps, Marketing, Branding, Style Guides, Design Systems, Cross-platform UX, Responsive Design, Visual Design, Wireframing, UX Strategy, Icon Sets, Creative Thinking
Project Manager and Designer
2007 - 2008
Truth in Heart Publishing
- Planned and implemented projects; defined project scope and tasks; scheduled project timelines; tracked project deliverables.
- Provided direction and support to project team; presented reports defining project progress, problems and solutions; provided project evaluations and assessment of results.
- Created branding, identity, and graphic design for products, catalogs, event advertising, and created business sets.
Technologies: Web Design, Website Management, Visual Design, Writing & Editing, Art Direction, Publishing, Printables, Marketing, Social Media, Project Management