Verified Expert in Design
Harold is a product designer and usability expert, with over 15 years of multi-disciplinary experience in digital and cross-channel services. At Wells Fargo, he designed a debt-to-income ratio calculator that helps clients increase their ability to secure a loan and has over 200,000 users per month. He works with product management and leads teams of designers, researchers, and developers to create beautiful solutions that meet business goals, customer needs and provide exceptional experiences.
Bank of America Apple Watch App
AVP, Senior Product Designer
- Partnered with product managers, stakeholders, development, analysts, designers, legal risk and compliance. Prioritized work based on customer value, KPIs, and technical feasibility. Managed and delivered projects from beginning to end.
- Designed and delivered a debt-to-income ratio calculator for customers who want to understand their finances and increase their ability to secure a loan. Reports indicate 200,000 users per month.
- Designed and delivered FICO credit score reporting for customers who want to monitor their credit rating and manage their credit usage. Reports indicate about six million users, over 43% actively engaged and improving.
- Created a savings assessment tool for customers seeking financial stability, and better savings habits. Reports indicate 1,500 consultations monthly, with over 90% success rate.
- Co-created a pattern library and design system that supported 250+ design team members; created workflows, wire frames, and other design artifacts for digital content.
- Provided art direction and guidance to visual designers on projects; developed tools, templates, and procedures to improve organizational efficiency, and. productivity; ensured adherence to brand standards across all digital platforms;
- Conducted interviews with business partners and stakeholders; tested, measured, and iterated on designs for maximized engagement and performance.
Product Design Lead
Bank of America
- Managed, designed and delivered Bank of America V3 software solution which replaced five legacy applications; guided business and team through key design engagements, and facilitated dialogue around front end requirements and business requirements.
- Provided research and discovery for a “responsive” .COM; created storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications.
- Created the Bank of America Apple Watch app, providing notifications, up-to-the-moment balance information, and P2P payments as an exercise in organizational innovation.
- Identified and documented interaction patterns and maintained them within a user experience pattern library.
- Conducted stakeholder interviews, user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture, interaction design.
- Led participatory and iterative design activities, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Drove innovative solutions within platform constraints and technical limitations; developed interaction models and conceptual frameworks of experience; researched technology and interaction design trends.
UX Design Lead
The Idea People, Marketing Agency
- Directed and designed multiple websites and apps for clients, collaborating with developers to ensure integrity of project design and function; conducted product discovery meetings to identify client's key goals, and developed feature sets.
- Created user stories, journey experience maps, workflows, site maps, wire-frames, and other artifacts; created and managed pattern libraries, project artifacts and assets;
- Provided research and analysis of customer data for insights and recommendations that resulted in improved campaign/site performance and digital KPIs.
- Introduced and led team in Agile/Scrum project management transformation; created and groomed product backlogs; estimated and prioritized feature sets and task scheduling; monitoring and confirming acceptance criteria.
- Created multiple apps, websites, and cross-channel solutions in an agile agency environment, collaborating with the development team to estimate and prioritize user stories.
- Held product discovery meetings and workshops to facilitate product vision and strategy; created mind maps, storyboards, and scenarios.
- Created wire frames, prototypes, and assets; managed pattern libraries, project artifacts, and assets.
- Validated interactions, behaviors, and attributes; conducted focus groups and user testing.
UX and Visual Designer
- Planned and developed websites for the global market integrated with eCommerce, social networking features, and media feeds.
- Performed heuristic evaluations of company's multiple websites, researched user experience maps, developed and implemented efficiency solutions, processes and workflows.
- Oversaw administration and maintenance of the site and eCommerce product updates.
UX and Visual Designer
- Re-branded the company and created brand standards and style guides for digital channels and products.
- Created website wireframes, prototypes and partnered with front-end developers to develop a website with eCommerce, social networking features, and media feeds.
- Created strong leading conceptual work, catalog design, look-books, and event advertising in both print and digital formats.
- Planned, designed, and tested websites, integrated support applications and mobile apps to ensure great user experiences.
- Provided client branding and identity, graphic designing for products, catalogs, event advertising, marketing campaigns, and created business sets.
- Managed business needs, creating clear and attainable project objectives, project requirements, and timelines.
Project Manager and Designer
Truth in Heart Publishing
- Planned and implemented projects; defined project scope and tasks; scheduled project timelines; tracked project deliverables.
- Provided direction and support to project team; presented reports defining project progress, problems and solutions; provided project evaluations and assessment of results.
- Created branding, identity, and graphic design for products, catalogs, event advertising, and created business sets.
Scaled Agile Framework
Certified Scrum Master
Big Visible Solutions