Los Angeles, CA, United States
Member since December 8, 2015
Ibar is a designer from Los Angeles, California with a decade of expertise. His blended background in marketing and design gives him a deeper and versatile understanding of brand building, consumer behavior, effective design trends, and how the user interacts with digital interfaces. His main goal is to help startups to create their identity to stand out, differentiate, and engage their audiences through the new technologies.
- Designer2016 - 2016Mission Field (via Toptal)
Technologies: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
- Developed a wide range of brand look/feels for a conceptual new-product design.
- Created 30 unique, conceptual ways to bring a product idea to life as both a brand design and a packaging label.
- Designs proposed were tested with consumers in research. Based on the feedback received, I have refined the selected design to create the final product.
- Logo Designer2016 - 2016Web Studio Interactive (via Toptal)
Technologies: Illustrator and Photoshop
- Designed a logo for a software development company.
- Selected a brand typeface.
- Specified the brand guidelines.
- Designed the basic collateral material.
- Creative Director | Co-founder2012 - 2016Vibebrand
Technologies: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom
- Contributed in designing the business strategies.
- Recruited top-notch designers, illustrators, and web designers.
- Trained the design team and guidance.
- Landed new agency clients.
- Performed side-by-side client communication to solve their needs, managed scheduling and coordination of project deliverables.
- Provided direction and leadership to designers, digital artists, animators, and UX developers.
- Scoped design phases of projects accurately and efficiently.
- Led art direction on conceptual design and project execution.
- Produced visual work that’s at the forefront of what’s happening in digital media.
- Directed client interaction experience to build relationships, understand the client vision/direction and present designs and concepts.
- Oversaw the aesthetic of daily web art and mobile applications UX.
- Managed projects effectively to work within and against a project deadline to ensure a timely completion.
- Participated in many new business development efforts.
- Freelance Graphic Designer2006 - 2012Tonica
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Lightroom
- Interpreted the client's business needs and developed a concept to suit their purpose.
- Estimated the time required to complete the work and providing quotes for clients.
- Developed design briefs by gathering information and data through research.
- Led creative sessions for project kick-offs.
- Provided quality control over concepts and projects.
- Worked with a wide range of media, including photography.
- Managed multiple projects at a time from concept through completion.
- Senior Graphic Designer2003 - 2003MindCode
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign
- Designed identity systems for branding projects.
- Created brand guidelines manuals.
- Oversaw the identity implementation.
- Senior Graphic Designer2001 - 2003State Government
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Aperture
- Designed artwork for advertising campaigns.
- Did editorial design for annual reports.
- Created collateral and publication design pieces.
- Master's degree in Marketing2009 - 2013Tecnológico de Monterrey - Monterrey, Mexico
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design1998 - 2002Universidad Autónoma de Aguascalientes - Aguascalientes, Mexico