Ignacio Jacquot Joaquin
Verified Expert in Design
Ignacio is a UX/UI designer with 15+ years of experience in the private and public sectors, working with clients including Nestlé, Rank Group, and Unilever. As part of the European Commission's digital transformation team, he worked on the EC website with 24 languages and visited by 20 million people per month. Ignacio was also involved in projects for the private sector, including user interface, mobile apps, and responsive websites.
- Collaborated on the design of the European Commission's website as part of the Digital Transformation Team (DG COMM).
- Designed user interfaces and components for desktop and mobile.
- Developed a wide range of deliverables such as wireframes, user interface elements, annotated mock-ups, interaction workflows, and prototypes.
- Followed the entire user experience process from brainstorming through research, concept generation, prototyping, and testing.
- Redesigned the E.C. search tool to provide a flexible, intuitive, fast, and easy-to-use search feature to allow users finding relevant and accurate information on the European Commission website for both desktop and mobile devices.
- Contributed to the new language concept for the European Commission website, researching the best way to fit 24 European languages with different amounts of content translated. Content is also available in NON-EU languages like Russian, Arabic, or Chinese, and tried to ensure the navigation was fluid and consistent.
- Directed the UX for the Grosvenor products; created concepts, wireframes, and digital prototypes based on user journeys.
- Collaborated with local and remote stakeholders in different products such as responsive websites and mobile apps.
Magento eCommerce Webmaster Lead
- Migrated Nestlé Dolce Gusto websites to the Magento eCommerce platform in 78 countries.
- Served as webmaster lead working on the Magento Enterprise platform, coordinated webmaster resources, and integrated Nestle content on several international markets and languages.
- Coordinated with developers for bug fixes and marketing departments in each country for local content integration.
- Redesigned an online calendar for global award competitions.
- Worked in a team of three and dealt directly with stakeholders, developers, and users to solve design problems. I participated in all the steps of the project (research, definition, development, and delivery).
- Designed a chat feature for the Trello platform. Created real-time chat within Trello with features like referencing specific objects inside the application, including and excluding users from chats, read receipts, adding a way to perceive and express people’s emotions through emoticons, audio & video, and interface customization.
- Designed a microsite for Gousto.com to help customers plan and manage their meal ingredient purchase more efficiently in order to avoid waste.
- Worked as a web designer on a number of freelance/contract projects for a variety of clients across different industries.
SOAS (School of Oriental and African Studies)
- Created layouts for online courses with educational purposes.
- Provided a wide range of services like branding, eCommerce websites, SEO, or online marketing.
Diploma in Graphic Design and Visual Communication
Autograf - Paris
UX Design Certificate
Interaction Design Certificate
Interaction Design Foundation
HTML5 and CSS3 Certificate
Treehouse Island, Inc.