Verified Expert in Design
Ilona is a highly analytical professional with extensive experience in devising product design strategies, planning releases, and developing/curating novel ideas that ensure product success and profitability. She is an expert UX researcher and designer with progressively responsible experience in delivering a world-class digital experience that delights users and streamlines workflows.
SaaS Web App Development for SHIFT
Responsive Web App for PlanTheFun
Senior Product Designer
- Led and revamped the Jetpack social project, pricing page, and unification, resulting in a complete overhaul of our offer presentation.
- Reduced the license activation error rate from 20% to 10% by improving onboarding process.
- Implemented $1 trials for VaultPress backup, resulting in increased sales. Revised product benefits in the checkout, leading to a 29% boost in conversion rate.
Product Design Manager
- Audited their current product implication, usability and IA. Prioritized recommendations report on the overall experience of the portal including the user flows, IA.
- Organized and simultaneously managed multiple projects in coordination with cross-functional teams. Took full ownership of my work, down to the smallest detail.
- Took ownership of initiatives with limited oversight with excellent time management. Managed multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces.
- Fulfilled product design goals by uncovering resource requirements and conducting workload assignments.
- Confirmed continuous performance improvement by overseeing more than seven members of the design team, trained less experienced designers on best practices for UX design, designed critiques and documentation.
- Achieved cross-functional team goals by devising the design strategy and employed priorities while coordinating prioritization and delivery across multiple projects in strategic design lead capacity.
- Hired, coached, and reviewed the performance of seven designers and oversaw their mentoring of additional design interns.
- Optimized team effectiveness by 30% by leveraging the latest Google scientific research and meeting annual work requirements one and a half months prior to the deadline.
Senior Product Designer
- Led an effective transformation of meaningful insights into different concepts and low/high fidelity prototypes to support feedback from users and collaborate with product teams.
- Updated a design/UX optimization effort by collecting post-launch metrics, while developing/improving the design system.
- Improved project outcomes by defining the project scope, testing assumptions/outcomes, and incorporating feedback.
- Established/implemented a navigation strategy by leveraging tree testing/card sorting methods while creating an advanced automation strategy.
- Utilized and executed customer research, including design thinking, prototyping, and conceptual modeling to achieve design objectives.
- Uncovered problems and devised the project scope by organizing workshops with engineers and product managers.
- Performed competitive research, reviewed the key value proposition for products, and conducted pipeline research by utilizing in-depth market, user, and business researches.
- Oversaw and mentored a team of seven designers to fix the biggest product's usability issues (30+).
Senior Product Designer
- Achieved full business potential by developing scalable user experiences across platforms, while cutting through abstract and resolving problems.
- Developed a system from conception to completion, while coordinating with cross-functional partners PMs, engineering, other designers, and executives.
- Improved customer experience by gaining an in-depth understanding of positioning, messaging, and voice in developing locally relevant growth customer experiences.
- Optimized brand awareness by creating marketing materials and redesigning the whole product.
- Streamlined MVP definition/development by devising consumer product offerings and performing user research.
Head of Product
- Managed the entire product life cycle, and balancing product, development, and user-centered goals to build an overall product strategy, while working on product from inception to shipment to confirmed business development.
- Identified and mitigated early system structure inconsistencies by reviewing the back-end system. I established and spearheaded multiple various design programs while ensuring completion within a given timeline.
- Improved performance by leading team members and directing the development team and product delivery cycle.
- Achieved a successful completion of three SaaS tools from an initial idea to 1000+ users.
- Independently led the product to completion successfully. Developed brand identity and marketing materials.
- Created and sustained a design system for easier scalability and maintenance.
- Improved user experience and created various digital products for startups and big companies.
- Established user research and data usage practices including A/B and multi-variant testing and the ability to distill usability test results and turn them into actionable interface results for various companies.
- Created highly detailed annotated wireframes, user flows, and process flows for various clients.
Bachelor's Degree in Human-computer Interactions
Kaunas Technology University - Kaunas, Lithuania
Foundations of UX: Content Strategy
Running a Design Business: Creative Briefs
UX Design Techniques: Analyzing User Data
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring