Verified Expert in Design
Ilona is a highly analytical professional with extensive experience in devising product design strategies, planning releases, and developing/curating novel ideas that ensure product success and profitability. She is an expert UX researcher and designer with progressively responsible experience in delivering a world-class digital experience that delights users and streamlines workflows.
Senior Product Designer
- Led and revamped the Jetpack social project, pricing page, and unification, resulting in a complete overhaul of our offer presentation.
- Reduced the license activation error rate from 20% to 10% by improving onboarding process.
- Implemented $1 trials for VaultPress backup, resulting in increased sales. Revised product benefits in the checkout, leading to a 29% boost in conversion rate.
Product Design Manager
- Audited their current product implication, usability and IA. Prioritized recommendations report on the overall experience of the portal including the user flows, IA.
- Organized and simultaneously managed multiple projects in coordination with cross-functional teams. Took full ownership of my work, down to the smallest detail.
- Took ownership of initiatives with limited oversight with excellent time management. Managed multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces.
- Fulfilled product design goals by uncovering resource requirements and conducting workload assignments.
- Confirmed continuous performance improvement by overseeing more than seven members of the design team, trained less experienced designers on best practices for UX design, designed critiques and documentation.
- Achieved cross-functional team goals by devising the design strategy and employed priorities while coordinating prioritization and delivery across multiple projects in strategic design lead capacity.
- Hired, coached, and reviewed the performance of seven designers and oversaw their mentoring of additional design interns.
- Optimized team effectiveness by 30% by leveraging the latest Google scientific research and meeting annual work requirements one and a half months prior to the deadline.
Senior Product Designer
- Led an effective transformation of meaningful insights into different concepts and low/high fidelity prototypes to support feedback from users and collaborate with product teams.
- Updated a design/UX optimization effort by collecting post-launch metrics, while developing/improving the design system.
- Improved project outcomes by defining the project scope, testing assumptions/outcomes, and incorporating feedback.
- Established/implemented a navigation strategy by leveraging tree testing/card sorting methods while creating an advanced automation strategy.
- Utilized and executed customer research, including design thinking, prototyping, and conceptual modeling to achieve design objectives.
- Uncovered problems and devised the project scope by organizing workshops with engineers and product managers.
- Performed competitive research, reviewed the key value proposition for products, and conducted pipeline research by utilizing in-depth market, user, and business researches.
- Oversaw and mentored a team of seven designers to fix the biggest product's usability issues (30+).
Senior Product Designer
- Achieved full business potential by developing scalable user experiences across platforms, while cutting through abstract and resolving problems.
- Developed a system from conception to completion, while coordinating with cross-functional partners PMs, engineering, other designers, and executives.
- Improved customer experience by gaining an in-depth understanding of positioning, messaging, and voice in developing locally relevant growth customer experiences.
- Optimized brand awareness by creating marketing materials and redesigning the whole product.
- Streamlined MVP definition/development by devising consumer product offerings and performing user research.
Head of Product
- Managed the entire product life cycle, and balancing product, development, and user-centered goals to build an overall product strategy, while working on product from inception to shipment to confirmed business development.
- Identified and mitigated early system structure inconsistencies by reviewing the back-end system. I established and spearheaded multiple various design programs while ensuring completion within a given timeline.
- Improved performance by leading team members and directing the development team and product delivery cycle.
- Achieved a successful completion of three SaaS tools from an initial idea to 1000+ users.
- Independently led the product to completion successfully. Developed brand identity and marketing materials.
- Created and sustained a design system for easier scalability and maintenance.
- Improved user experience and created various digital products for startups and big companies.
- Established user research and data usage practices including A/B and multi-variant testing and the ability to distill usability test results and turn them into actionable interface results for various companies.
- Created highly detailed annotated wireframes, user flows, and process flows for various clients.
Bachelor's Degree in Human-computer Interactions
Kaunas Technology University - Kaunas, Lithuania
Foundations of UX: Content Strategy
Running a Design Business: Creative Briefs
UX Design Techniques: Analyzing User Data