Verified Expert in Design
Ivan is an award-winning, top-industry certified UX designer with over a decade of experience, specialized in design for enterprise-level applications and complex B2C systems. He has worked for clients of note including Cisco, Microsoft, Samsung, Aom, and Johnson & Johnson, and he creates outstanding experiences for any platform, driven by data from meticulous research of real user needs and business objectives.
Set of Applications for Patients with Genetic Disorder and Their Physicians
Suite of Web Apps for LoadBoard Company
Principal Experience Designer
- Handled all design deliverables for clients.
- Led and participated in discovery phases.
- Facilitated customer journey mapping, service blueprinting, user story mapping, and co-creation workshops with C-level stakeholders.
- Conducted user research, stakeholder interviews, and usability testing.
- Established design strategy, design process, and team composition on the project.
- Collaborated with PMs to help to define product vision and product strategies.
- Created and maintained design systems.
- Managed the design team (development plans, performance reviews, 1x1s, feedback talks, design reviews, etc.).
- Conducted educational knowledge sharing sessions, lectures, and workshops, and developed curriculum for several design courses (internal and external).
Lead Experience Designer
- Conducted executive stakeholder workshops.
- Defined design strategy and helped define requirements.
- Managed small (2-5 member) design teams.
- Handled product design, including research, interaction design, visual design, interactive prototyping, and usability testing.
- Worked on presales for customer opportunities.
- Trained UI/UX design team members.
- Led creative direction and designed the whole experience and look and feel of the web application for Montessori schools.
- Performed stakeholder and user interviews.
- Ran in-depth user research and user testing.
- Produced solution concepts.
- Designed, tested, and validated the UX approach.
- Worked on information architecture of the application.
- Designed interactive high- and low-fidelity prototypes.
- Created the overall look and feel of the application.
- Prepared marketing materials.
- Led a junior designer.
- Worked in a team with a startup founder, business analyst, project manager, back-end developer, front-end developer, and junior designer.
- Designed and prototyped What I Eat 2.0.
- Redesigned an iOS application for counting calories and tracking the diet. The redesign was performed based on the feedback posted to the App Store by the users of the previous version. The redesigned application received a Ukrainian Design Award - The Best of 2014.
- Created the information architecture.
- Designed the prototypes and UI.
- Communicated with the end users and performed end-user testing.
Senior UX Designer
- Worked on 50+ projects for notable companies including Cisco, Microsoft, Image Line, Altium, and Samsung in a variety of roles, including UI/UX designer, UX consultant, and creative director.
- Designed web service for film directors and other representatives of the film industry. The idea was to create a comprehensive web-based database of movie samples that would act a convenient source of inspiration and reference materials; all samples contained vast metadata that allowed searching the samples by the type of scene, location, sound, and more.
- Designed 2Do app, a personal productivity tool listed among Mac App Store's Best of 2013.
- Helped create an internet-of-things project that consisted of creating an application that would aggregate all smart devices in the house and allow operating them through a mobile application.
- Contributed to the design of an iPad app for university students that allowed collaborative reading, note taking, sharing of quotes, discussions, and more.
- Designed a tablet application that enabled parents to track when their children arrive to and leave school and set up whether the child can access specific applications depending on the child's location (for example, prohibit access to Facebook and YouTube when the child is at school).
- Designing an iPad version for the customer's existing desktop audio editing application.
- Communicated with the customers to nail down the requirements.
- Developed the information architecture.
- Identified changes in the business logic to improve the user experience.
- Prepared wireframes and prototypes.
- Designed the application UI.
- Performed layouts and interaction design.
CCP in Digital Marketing Strategy
Kyiv-Mohyla Business School [kmbs] - Kyiv, Ukraine
Specialist in Human-Computer Interaction
Stanford University - Online
Specialist in International Economics
Lviv National University named after I. Franko - Lviv
UX Certified | UX Management Speciality
Nielsen Norman Group
Certified Usability Analyst
Human Factors International