Verified Expert in Design
Building brands has been a part of Jake's DNA since the age of 16 when he started his own snowboard apparel company. Now with a closet full of sample t-shirts, Jake's grown into a designer who prioritizes empathy and entrepreneurship in every creative opportunity he faces. With over 10 years of professional experience, Jake has mastered the skills and become a seasoned designer equipped with the creative direction, strategic eye, expert design, and technical skills top brands are looking for.
- Provided the art direction for a student contest campaign for the Western University. Developed all social media assets, including static graphics, video, and motion.
- Filmed and edited footage for a press release regarding bringing Labatt’s 50 productions to its brewery.
- Created a presentation deck for The Lighthouse Group of RBC Dominion Securities.
Senior Graphic Designer
- Led the cross-functional redesign of our 100+ corporate page website alongside an external developer, resulting in a 435% increase in web-based acquisitions through the delivery of vastly improved UX, which included an innovative 3D custom tool.
- Increased department productivity and reduced time to production by an average of two days through continuous improvement initiatives, such as streamlining workflow processes by managing the successful transition from Corel to Adobe.
- Managed a team of four designers in generating strategic marketing and brand materials, creative content, and digital elements while supporting email campaigns, advertising, landing pages, videos, social media, and keynotes.
- Served as the client manager for global brands such as PGA Tour, Dallas Cowboys, Disney, and the New York Yankees, developing innovative product design solutions to fit their unique strategic vision for large-scale public events.
- Directed marketing efforts and content strategy, including managing staff and promoters tasked with mobilizing this strategy, leading to a 45% boost in the venue's online engagement.
- Led the creation and branding of a successful semi-annual concert series, selling out 10,000+ tickets consistently and garnering attention and advertising revenue from industry leaders such as Sirius XM and Budweiser.
- Managed the strategic development of creative marketing, sales, and event collateral, including brand visuals, digital and print design for display ads, promotional videos, event materials, motion graphics, and digital engagement campaigns.
Music City Canada
- Managed the successful rebrand of PA Shop into Music City Canada, including creating all-new brand collateral, such as style guides, logos, templates, and stationery.
- Redesigned and improved UX for the brand's eCommerce platform.
- Migrated 50,000+ stock-keeping units (SKU) and hundreds of landing and product pages to Shopify, which resulted in significant sales growth, with a 48% increase in 2020 and a 60% increase in 2021.
- Conducted the end-to-end creative process for all marketing and sales collateral, including brand visuals and graphics, websites, video production, advertisements, signage, and digital campaigns and content.
- Partnered with brands such as Shure, Pioneer DJ, and Yamaha to produce effective in-store and online product promotions.
Diploma in Business Marketing
Fanshawe College - London, ON, Canada