Verified Expert in Design
With five years of experience, Jane is a senior product designer who's passionate about creating simple and intuitive experiences backed up by data and research. She has led design on multiple products where she closely collaborated with product and engineering teams. Jane believes in constantly testing and refining products in order to provide users with the best experience.
Air Canada COVID-19 Refund Flow
Senior Product Designer
- Led the design of the workflows/ecosystems team, working closely with product managers and engineers.
- Helped build the component library of the RoseRocket design system.
- Created user flows and high-fidelity designs backed up by user research, data, and customer feedback.
Senior UX Designer
- Designed a refund flow specifically for COVID-19 that helped millions of customers quickly cancel flights online over a weekend.
- Worked closely with product managers, developers, and businesses to solve solutions regarding the booking flow.
- Created a competitive airline analysis for the booking flow to help businesses understand the pain points within the current flow.
- Conducted multiple design audits through aircanada.com to ensure the design and UX consistency within the website.
Design Lead for Dealer Products
- Designed a dealer dashboard used by over 150 dealerships to help manage their customers.
- Helped build the Nitro design system and style guide, including colors, typography, basic web elements, and interactions.
- Designed a simple and intuitive preorder flow for the Care by Volvo program.
- Designed a white-labeled build and price flow used by various dealerships in Canada and the US.
- Conducted various user interviews to gather research and data for design and business decisions.
Digital UI/UX Designer
- Led multiple user interviews with CSRs to gain valuable insight into redesigning the check-in flow.
- Became an expert and leader on web accessibility to ensure everything met WCAG 2.0 AA standards.
- Redesigned the homepage in six months, taking into account accessibility, business, and creative needs.
Experience Design Intern
- Helped design screens and wireframes for the Fiat Chrysler Automotive project.
- Led the design on an internal tool called URSASocial used within Sapient Toronto for social activities.
- Collaborated with project managers, developers, visual designers, and other UX designers to ensure consistency across projects.
Bachelor's Degree in Global Business and Digital Arts
University of Waterloo - Waterloo, ON