Verified Expert in Design
Jennifer is a UI/UX product designer with six years of experience delivering human-centered products in B2B and B2C markets. Her clients include Virgin Money Australia, Mitsubishi Motors, Unbabel, and early-stage startups. She has experience leading design teams and working across the product development stages, from defining the problem space to producing high-fidelity UI designs. Jennifer's working style is characterized by a highly communicative, collaborative, and evidence-based approach.
AMP | Helping Customers with Their Financial Goals
Virgin Money Australia | The Bank of Bigger Possibilities
Icare | Increasing Effectiveness of Delivery Across Multiple Cross-functional Teams
Senior Product Designer
- Re-designed the purchase flow for better transparency of the different subscription plans. Reduced CS tickets related to billing and subscription by 50%.
- Implemented three micro-surveys at key points in the customer's journey, including onboarding, post-trial, and subscription cancellation, to foster continuous discovery.
- Designed an account management system for users to provide and manage their session cookies for their automations.
Senior Product Designer
- Contributed to the development of Peppermint's product vision.
- Visualized the product vision through storyboards, illustrating the customer journey from entry to evolution.
- Created a skeleton customer journey map for the team to continue developing after the engagement.
- Conveyed the envisioned customer journey to investors using storyboards to secure investor funding.
Senior Product Designer
- Developed three customer journey maps from the perspective of the bank's business and commercial clients, identifying the platforms and channels which support the client at each step of the journey.
- Conducted customer and stakeholder interviews for a major South African bank and synthesized the information into customer insights.
- Led and supported three workshops with the client, including problem definition, the North Star framework, idea generation, and prioritization workshops.
- Created eight personas representing the bank's business, commercial clients, and internal users.
Senior Experience Designer
- Redesigned the information architecture and navigation patterns for Mitsubishi Motors Australia's public website on desktop and mobile.
- Led customer and stakeholder interviews to validate personas and internal users.
- Conducted research activities such as card sorting, Treejack testing, and unmoderated usability testing to inform the solution.
- Delivered high-fidelity wireframes and worked closely with a visual designer to hand over completed designs to developers.
Lead Product Designer
- Led the product design practice and worked with the VP of product management to implement discovery processes such as opportunity-solution mapping and continuous discovery practices.
- Oversaw the design team's ways of working, including mentoring junior designers, recruiting design talent, and maintaining a multi-product design system.
- Collaborated with the community product team's product and engineering manager to optimize translation tools used by the global community of translators and internal tools used by community managers and operations teams.
- Optimized translation tools for our global community of translators, reducing the cost per word by 13%.
Senior User Experience Consultant
- Spearheaded requirement gathering, research, and design for a challenger bank proposition for Virgin Money Australia.
- Designed and delivered an omnichannel experience for financial goal creation for AMP, a wealth management company.
- Recruited for and conducted numerous sessions, from exploratory interviews to usability testing.
- Led the design and content of a design system for one of Australia's largest insurance providers.
- Headed the UX stream for Virgin Money Australia, which included setting up ways of working that included workshop cadence, reviews, and establishing mobile navigation patterns.
- Held various teaching positions at The University of Sydney, University of Technology Sydney, and General Assembly.
- Tutored first-year visual communication students enrolled in a bachelor's program for design computing. This subject introduced students to visual design principles, including color theory, typography, and the use of digital image manipulation tools.
- Taught third-year undergraduate students studying design in visual communication. The subjects covered pitching a design response, presenting process work for critique, and producing highly-refined design outcomes to a professional standard.
- Guided students through a rigorous journey toward roles within UX design during the 10-week intensive UX design program at General Assembly.
- Completed tutorial planning, assessment marking, and feedback.
Visual and Interaction Designer
Google Creative Lab
- Designed an award-winning suite of mobile-first digital books, with Editions At Play winning a Peabody Award in 2018.
- Collaborated with various cultural institutions, including the British Museum and Penguin Random House.
- Contributed to a cross-functional team and worked with engineers, project managers, designers, and copywriters.
Exchange Program in Global Design
L'Ecole de Design - Nantes, France
Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communication
University of Technology Sydney - Sydney, Australia
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring