San Francisco, CA, United States
Member since January 15, 2017
Joe is a senior user experience strategist and product manager. He's particularly strong in UX design and architecture and has superb communication skills. He has a development background and over a dozen years of creative agency and consulting experience building B2B and consumer-facing web, mobile, and multi-channel solutions.
- Expert-in-Residence2017 - PRESENTGSVlabs
Technologies: Business Model Canvas, Customer Journey Map, User Persona
- Worked at GSVlabs, a company that accelerates global innovation by curating innovation labs around high-growth, high-impact sectors.
- Mentored and advised early-stage technology startups to define and validate their business models, understood their audience, and defined a product strategy and roadmap to meet their goals during the flagship GSVLabs Pioneer Accelerator.
- Founding Partner2015 - PRESENTStrategic Experience Design
Technologies: Axure, MindNode, InVision, Post-It Notes
- Provided user-centered strategy consulting, experience design, and product management services to early-stage startups, design and creative agencies, and top-tier technology companies.
- Co-Founder | Head of Product and Technology2015 - 2016Advocate
Technologies: Trello, Podio, Google Hangouts, MindNode, InVision
- Advocated the use of technology to strengthen representative democracy and increase its reach around the world.
- Product and UX Strategy Designer2013 - 2015VSA Partners
Technologies: Axure, Adobe Photoshop, MindNode, Keynote
- Worked at VSA Partners: a design-driven branding and marketing firm.
- Created solutions for business problems through a full range of integrated capabilities—from branding and advertising to digital and data science—all under one roof, all unified by great design.
- Defined an innovative strategic vision for user-focused software and service delivery.
- Designed products, infrastructure, and process for a collaborative developer ecosystem.
- Realigned the marketing and sales support services of a Fortune 25 software company.
- Collaborated with the design team to produce user experience flows, design assets, and interfaces.
- Presented a vision to stakeholders and iterated through weekly playback reviews. (Client roster is confidential).
- Lead Information Architect2013 - 2014AAXIS Commerce
Technologies: Axure, Adobe Photoshop
- Worked at AAXIS Commerce: a world-class creative technology agency offering integrated expertise across commerce technology, interactive marketing, and business consulting. Our focus is on making companies grow.
- Designed and created online business solutions that enable our clients to continually deliver customer experiences that drive real business results.
- Led user experience design efforts for commerce-enabled web sites built in Oracle/ATG.
- Collaborated with the client's design team to understand user groups and needs.
- Guided joint analysis and design sessions with stakeholders to elaborate functionality and IA.
- Produced responsive and adaptive wireframes for phone, tablet, and desktop form factors.
- Assisted with validation of front-end quality as pages and features were developed.
- Worked for key clients such as Ferguson Enterprises, Zenni Optical Inc., and Visionworks.
- National Solution Lead, Front-End Development2008 - 2013Acquity Group
- Worked at the Acquity Group who's goal is to help its clients use the internet to increase sales and improve user-experience through an approach it pioneered, known as brand eCommerce which incorporates user-experience, creative design, back-end technical implementation, and architecture. In May 2013, Acquity Group was acquired by Accenture and is now a part of Accenture Interactive, within Accenture Digital.
- Created the front-end development practice which exceeded $10M in revenue in FY 2012.
- Hired and directed 38 "FEDs" in Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Seattle, and Boise, ID.
- Served as a national subject-matter expert for mobile web and native app development.
- Set the national direction for sales and delivery activities, standards, and methodology.
- Established a national model for strong culture, leadership, and cross-collaboration.
- Conducted project scoping and estimating, oversight, and architecture of key accounts.
- Defined mobile device support strategies for General Motors’ 39 global brand sites.
- Designed and coded an HTML5 gaming framework for Allstate’s Teen Driver program.
- Led the re-platforming of My Ford Mobile apps using HTML5, Cordova, and Adobe CQ.
- Won awards such as a Webby, AdAge Media Vanguard, Interactive Media Council, and Horizon Interactive.
- Worked for key clients such as Allstate, Country Financial, Discover, Ford Motor Company, GEICO, General Motors, HTC, Nokia, Northern Trust, Philips, T-Mobile, and Walmart.
- Certification in Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)2014 - 2014Scrum Alliance - Redwood City, CA, USA
- Executive Education Program in Product Management2013 - 2013Haas School of Business, University of California Berkeley - Berkeley, CA, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science1997 - 2001Northwestern University - Evanston, IL, USA
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)FEBRUARY 2014 - PRESENTScrum Alliance