Verified Expert in Design
Johnnie is an award-winning product designer with 10+ years of experience. He specializes in strategic design to solve business challenges. He has designed and directed digital experiences for the likes of HPE, Curaçao, ofo, Drive Shack, and John Guest. He was previously Head of Interactive and UX at Catch New York where he built the UX department, managed a team of designers and developers, and worked closely with clients’ executive teams.
Director of Interactive
Catch New York
- Led the design of a digital experience for a large, publicly-traded company that solved the challenges of customer onboarding confusion and frustration, long food and beverage order intervals, and extended in-venue duration.
- Architected and led the design of a global tourism website for an island nation, localizing content for different audiences.
- Directed and designed an award-winning interactive website for a recently-acquired global plumbing company.
- Designed the microservices architecture for an entertainment company.
- Led and mentored a team of project managers, designers, and developers.
- Led all digital projects and client engagements with key stakeholders and the C-suite.
- Awarded the CSS Awards Site of the Day.
Director of UX
Catch New York
- Built the UX and digital design departments.
- Designed and led the development of the MVP of an iOS application for celebrities.
- Directed and designed the global website for the world's leading bike-sharing company, working with the head of product and key stakeholders across the globe.
- Oversaw the design on an internal training tool for a global technology solutions and manufacturing company.
- Directed and designed a content-focused web experience for an internationally-known IT solution provider.
- Founded a mobile gaming studio.
- Concepted and designed large, real-world games that merged the digital and physical worlds.
- Managed business development.
- Collaborated with independent game designers in NYC to build the gaming community.
- Guest lectured on the intersection of gaming and marketing.
- Created a real-world "capture-the-flag" game that launched on the App Store.
- Recruited brands to join the platform.
- Concepted the game design.
- Sourced iOS developers.
- Designed the marketing website.
Master of Science Degree in International Business (Marketing)
Cátolica-Lisbon School of Business and Economics - Lisbon, Portugal
Bachelor of Arts Degree in World Economy and Business
The Ohio State University - Columbus, OH