Flagstaff, AZ, United States
Member since September 5, 2017
Jon is an articulate, consistent, engaging senior-level product designer with many years of significant experience. He has the proven ability to seamlessly collaborate with and lead diverse groups of stakeholders, end-users, and team members with an open mind and without guidance.
- Senior Product Designer/UX Consultant2017 - PRESENTToptal
Technologies: Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, HTML, CSS
- Reduced a 290-screen administrative interface by 40% leveraging user research, usability testing, standardized interface components, and navigation elements.
- Produced high-impact, user-centered designs conveying the company’s brand message and value proposition, as well as improving conversion rates.
- Shaped product strategy via a data-informed approach, utilizing comprehensive user research to drive decision-making and change how clients prioritized end-user input.
- Created interactive prototypes, and conducted usability testing to identify issues and iterate on navigation systems and page layouts.
- Applied user research and usability testing results to navigation, user flows, screens, and interactive controls.
- Achieved an on-time and on-budget delivery rate of 100%.
- Senior User Experience Architect (Remote)2017 - 20187Summits, Inc.
Technologies: Adobe XD, Sketch, Invision, Salesforce
- Facilitated multiple on-site workshops, including field studies, journey mapping, prioritization exercises, card sorting, and deliverables presentations.
- Created a comprehensive, centralized design library for Sketch to standardize wireframing for all projects.
- Introduced several new processes and tools to team, including Sketch, Zeplin, and remote usability testing.
- Taught and mentored junior designers.
- Efficiently solved client organizational issues, communication challenges, stakeholder management, and strategic decision-making with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Emphasis on customized Community templates and Bolts for Salesforce Community Cloud experiences.
- Clearly communicated design decisions to people in different roles at different levels.
- Senior UX Designer (Remote)2015 - 2017Appirio, Inc.
Technologies: Sketch, Zeplin, Invision, Axure, Adobe Photoshop, Salesforce
- Delivered user-centered design solutions in a fast-paced environment with quick iterative cycles driven by usability testing results.
- Introduced user research and remote usability testing to user experience team, working with leadership and sales to integrate into project budgets and scope.
- Researched and developed user experience process, which was used for all regional digital development projects, and usability testing integration for a new Appirio digital delivery model.
- Conducted user research, created user flows and wireframes, and produced prototypes for enterprise clients.
- Acted as experience design lead to produce over 15 customized, Salesforce-responsive sites and five iOS phone and tablet apps.
- Created and implemented comprehensive documentation for user experience processes and integration into Agile development cycles.
- Built consensus and leadership through the decision-making process.
- Introduced and refined heuristic evaluations as a new product added to projects.
- Completed work for clients including 7-Eleven, Toyota, Honeywell, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Eli Lily Pharmaceuticals, Stryker Medical, and Align Technology.
- Principal Experience Consultant, Company Founder2006 - 2015Interactive Humanics, Inc.
Technologies: Sketch, Zeplin, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite
- Collaborated with a broad range of clients to develop digital marketing strategies with a focus on data-informed user experience and user-centered experience design.
- Managed clients, employees and contractors through numerous, enterprise-level projects.
- Developed and managed all budgets, P&L, and CRM for the agency with an emphasis on maximizing resources and reducing risk for the company.
- Focused on adoption of user-centered design philosophies, design thinking, data-informed design and measurement strategies to demonstrate business value.
- Senior Product Manager2008 - 2010PACE Anti-Piracy
Technologies: Adobe CC,Sketch, iOS, Mac OS, Windows
- Develop and implement the digital experience strategy for the iLok, a USB DRM device. Collaborate with client and server software teams to ensure smooth implementation of the digital experiences with underlying technologies. .
- Hired to define the digital experience strategy and improve the brand image of the iLok. Emphasis on developing and executing digital experiences and staff training to support the delivery of the updated web and client applications.
- Delivered the digital experience design of the iLok web app that serves 500k customers per day. The highly secure website allows end-users to download Pro Audio product authorizations to a secure USB device.
- Oversaw user testing and integration with the application services platform, a six-month process in which multiple teams (Web Services, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Support, QA) worked together to completely redeploy the web app and client software.
- Designed, user tested, and integrated the digital experience for PACE Central, a vendor support application created as a full-service web application, which allows Pro Audio Vendors to create, manage and distribute protected product activations to end users.
- Delivered MacOS and Windows client software and web apps to manage licenses for the iLok.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Fine Arts1992 - 1996Arizona State University - Tempe, AZ, USA
- UX Certificate - UX ManagementMAY 2017 - PRESENTNielson Norman Group