Verified Expert in Design
Jonathon is a passionate senior product designer with over 10 years of experience working with some of Europe's largest companies. He is able to provide full end-to-end product development from concept through to delivery using a wide variety of research frameworks, design thinking, lean UX, and Agile. Jonathon is a great team player and communicator, having worked both agency and client-side in teams of all sizes and experiences.
British Take Away Awards Microsite 2018
Transactional Email Style Guide
Lead UX Designer
- Built an enterprise-level, modular email design pattern library, global email principals, and best practice guidelines to streamline and standardize email production across 12 brands.
- Established a framework for uncovering brand and user needs to inform content hierarchy using email empathy mapping and collaborative workshopping.
- Conducted an email audit, email customer journey mapping, and remote email testing.
Lead UX Designer
- Hired and oversaw UX designers. Handled discovery, prototyping, and testing designs. interaction design. Ensured audience needs were met through online journeys.
- Benchmarked mobile banking applications using Kano methodology.
- Contributed to customer journey mapping and storyboard creation to re-invent car finance for UK national bank.
- Served as the lead UX designer for a multinational eCommerce website redesign.
Senior Product Designer
- Developed customer journeys for primary audiences.
- Ran ideation and sketching sessions with designers and developers to build understanding.
- Built, tested, and updated interactive wireframes.
- Used the customer journey to identify alternative methods for voting.
- Used the customer canvas to understand the jobs, pains and gains for each audience and used this information to construct relevant customer journeys.
Lead User Researcher
- Performed content core research for the national charity Scope using an interpretation of the Jobs to Be Done framework.
- Interviewed 65 people from Scope’s core three audiences to identify their needs, pains, emotions, and stories as they interact with the UK benefits system, council services, and society. The audiences were surveyed to identify priority topics and unmet content requirements.
- Led research that provided the charity with key insights, a deep knowledge of their audience and starting points for innovation, policy opportunities, and content requirements.
- Self-managed product designer working with multiple stakeholders and product owners across consumer-facing and enterprise products. Design thinking & sprints, discovery workshops, user research & testing, UX and UI design.
- Shaped departmental staffing requirements and processes.
- Performed discovery and re-design of Zalando’s Help Centre to lower customer care calls and Zalando’s transactional emails, style guide, and component library creation.
- Led design thinking sprint to re-design Zalando’s unboxing process.
- Served as UX designer on multi-million pound new season campaign launch landing pages.
- Headed the UX on enterprise products including SAP, Salesforce and employee feedback tool.
- Designed a new addition Bentley website facilitating Bentley upgrades.
- Redesigned online services for Coventry Building Society.
- Completed discovery and wireframed B2B and B2C websites for Crown Paints.
- Created the tablet prototype for in air promotion for Cathay Pacific.
- Performed website usability testing for Seclo and James Villas.
Lead UX Designer
- Re-designed Specsavers booking system including canceling and amending.
- Planned and ran Lean UX design sprints and swarms within Agile sprints.
- Led Omni-channel discovery.
- Created store personas, interviews, data analysis, and surveys.
- Ran user tests and analysis.
- Mapped customer journeys.
Bachelor of Science Degree (1st Class Honors) in Photography and Electronic Images
University Westminster - London, United Kingdom