Verified Expert in Design
Joe is an experienced designer who focuses on putting users at the center of the design process, creating custom experience solutions around their needs while keeping other stakeholders' requirements in mind. His 25+ years working in UI, UX, design, product development, and marketing have enabled him to confront complex problems and move customers' journeys forward. Joe's vast experience encompasses research, architecture, user flows, high-fidelity prototypes, and collaterals.
Senior Lead UX Architect
- Provided effective architecture and UX solution development of digital strategies. Deliverables include apps, webs, and print and motion graphics.
- Mentored peers to increase team performance, offering insight into marketing strategies and data interpretation utilizing my past roles in marketing leadership.
- Contributed to the development process and proposed solutions for new technologies to improve user experiences.
- Championed user-centered design solutions compatible with A11Y and U.S. Bank's digital mission.
Art Director UI/UX
- Collaborated with the development team and led UI/UX design, significantly improving the CMS's interface for the admin editor learning tool.
- Excelled as a client-facing team member, gathering requirements at design sessions, crafting custom solutions, and presenting new ideas and concepts.
- Utilized extensive background in UI/UX and content organization skills to deliver a clear direction to development and production on Lex, Chameleon, and other projects as requested.
- Worked with internal BA to craft formal creative briefs, functional requirements, architecture, and wireframes.
Visual Designer (Contract)
- Effectively and collaboratively worked with media strategists, developers, and UX leads to translate new brand standards and marketing and content strategies into improved user experiences with mobile-first responsive design in an agile environment.
- Championed the creation of libraries, patterns, and prototypes utilizing the atomic design structure in Sketch.
- Created and edited content in AEM and worked with the development team to design and implement new user-centric components.
- Produced custom illustrations and provided marketing strategies, SEO and SEM, project management, and other consultation services as needed.
Senior Media Strategist
- Successfully consulted with clients to lead their design direction, product design, branding, and media development and offered other strategic marketing development support.
- Designed and directed Lava’s internal collateral, massaging, and branding.
- Handled website development, SEO management and research, UI/UX design, wireframes, marketing collateral design, app design, photo shoot management, brand and identity design, environmental graphics, etc.
- Conducted additional design support duties, including event management, market research, brand analysis, PPC campaigns, CRM and project management integration, technical documentation, pitch presentations, and technical and general illustrations.
Senior Marketing Specialist
ABRA Auto Body & Glass
- Utilized multidisciplinary experience in design direction and marketing strategy to develop B2B and B2C campaigns, which resulted in over 38% growth in website traffic and a 500% increase in online conversions year-over-year.
- Led brand overhaul and managed the implementation of assets.
- Handled website development, SEO management and research, UI/UX design, wireframes, collateral development, photo shoot management, brand and identity supervision, and booth graphics.
- Provided additional support in event management, market research, brand analysis, PPC campaigns, social media integration, brand rebuild for ABRA, and CRM integration.
- Developed and implemented marketing strategies leading to best-in-class growth for the SolidWorks VAR in 2011.
- Directed the marketing and sales team to create competitive campaigns addressing new B2B market segmentation needs and utilized CRM to track and identify campaign opportunities.
- Led seminars and events, website and SEO management, eCommerce development, UI/UX design, usability testing, wireframing, collateral creation, brand development, identity supervision, product development, and launches.
- Coordinated between multiple departments to implement best practices and strong brand messaging.
Marketing and Creative Director
Laser Safety Industries
- Managed and directed all aspects of marketing and communications, implementing and developing marketing plans that resulted in this new company's successful launch in 2008.
- Conducted a continuing successful marketing program that resulted in a growth of 42% in 2009, 45% in 2010, 33% in 2011, and 34% in 2012.
- Directed trade show events, website and SEO management, eCommerce development, UI/UX design, collateral development, photo shoot management, branding, identity, product development, packaging, sales training, and market research and analysis.
- Successfully directed all aspects of marketing and communications for the US division of the company.
- Developed and implemented marketing plans that resulted in over 30% growth for 2005 and 2006.
- Built and implemented an OEM project that resulted in a 32% company growth for 2007.
- Directed nine trade show events, website and SEO management, eCommerce development, UI/UX design, collateral development, packaging, photo shoot brand development, identity, product development, launches, and market research and analysis.
Marketing and Art Director
- Developed the brand design and all identity-related aspects of Talk ISP and Webpoint.
- Directed the development of logos, brand and identity manuals, packaging, advertising, point of purchase, displays, marketing material, online advertising, websites, eCommerce development, and UI/UX development.
- Maintained the corporate identity throughout Talk ISP communication collateral.
- Set the strategic implementation of sales and marketing material for B2B and B2C relationships.
Cutting Edge Creations
- Collaborated closely with the creative team to develop new products and create project proposals for CEO's review.
- Managed a three-person creative team and a four-person print production team.
- Developed and oversaw the creation of collateral material for new and existing products. I also managed marketing and sales material.
- Attended meetings and provided marketing reports for other management staff.
Graphic Design Instructor and Adviser
Minneapolis Business College
- Lectured and provided direction on all aspects of graphic design, web design, UI/UX, and basic marketing.
- Directed and worked with other instructors to develop new material for the curriculum, keeping the department up-to-date with market demands.
- Directed design projects from concept to completion and rewrote the existing curriculum to ensure student success, keeping it competitive with today's graphic design community.
- Managed and tracked student progress and development for a 160-student department.
Undergraduate Coursework in in Graphic Design
University of Iowa - Iowa City, IA, USA
Associate Degree in Graphic Design
Kirkwood Community College - Iowa City, IA, USA
Certified Marketing Professional Advanced; License C-NGRHYGDGZ3
Certified SolidWorks Marketing Professional Advanced — Strategy; License C-UPV4RB8SR2
Certified SolidWorks Marketing Professional Core; License C-HBMUKMNKBR