Verified Expert in Design
Josh's recent clients include National Geographic, UNICEF, T-Mobile, the Environmental Defense Fund, the NHL, and the Federal Reserve. In the last ten years, he's led or worked on teams that have designed award-winning mobile games, brand identities for fortune 1000 companies, a proprietary CMS, an NLP-powered Reddit recommendation engine, and dozens of websites, apps, and immersive experiences. He's passionate about finding solutions for clients where data, design, and technology intersect.
National Hockey League – Alexa Multi-Modal Voice Skill
Fitbit – Concept App Redesign
BitcoinRegret.Club – Progressive Web Application Development
Associate Creative Director
- Led the development of a marketing campaign for a major airline that included web, social, out-of-home, display, and SEO.
- Oversaw the content development and web design for a wireless trade association web app dedicated to educating industry personnel about spam text messages.
- Led the brand narrative and copy development, including a custom jingle, for the marketing of a children's literacy game, developed in partnership with a major edtech company and bank.
Director of Creative Strategy, Digital
- Designed an app that assists bank tellers and retail workers in identifying and reporting counterfeit currency.
- Created a brand narrative, scripted a promotional film, and redesigned a brand for a Fortune 500 transportation company.
- Designed a data visualization web app for one of the world's leading environmental cause organizations that promotes understanding of the electric vehicle supply chain for American journalists, representatives, and senators.
Associate Director, Growth and New Products
iStrategyLabs (a WPP Company)
- Led the emerging technology practice and development of innovative products.
- Managed the company's digital marketing initiatives and handled all things business growth, supporting and leading efforts that amounted to $10 million in business in 2019.
- Managed, designed, and developed the UX for various products for the Smithsonian Institution, the National Hockey League, National Geographic, and more.
- Designed the product's first iteration, conducting a series of discovery and research activities to generate a bank of user stories.
- Spent three months creating a high-fidelity, animated prototype.
- Led the development of the brand identity, user experience journeys, and onboarding flow.
Founder, Product Lead
- Led the development of a proprietary CMS called "Newsroom" with bespoke site design, publishing, and marketing features.
- Managed disparate teams across the United States, publishing hundreds of stories per week, disseminating on-site reporting analytics, and developing social strategies to promote content.
- Acquired funding to expand our platform from one franchise to 20 in less than three years.
Trade Certification in Web Development, Data Science
General Assembly - Washington, DC
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Digital Media
The George Washington University - Washington, DC
Sketching for Product Design
Text Analytics and Visualization with Python
Adobe XD Essential Training
Principles for UX Design
Google Analytics Certification
Front-end Web Development