Verified Expert in Design
Josiah is an entrepreneur, product strategist, and UX/UI designer. He likes to solve complicated problems with thoughtful design, thinks about the user first, and has experience ranging from small personal websites to massive enterprise cyber-security platforms. In addition to design, Josiah is a front-end developer with more than 20 years of experience, equipped with a deep understanding of the development process, and the needs of modern, scalable architecture.
- Partnered with the original founders to rebrand and relaunch the agency under the name Vega. Contributed to the new site design and was responsible for 100% of the development of the current website.
- Led the charge on a complex web-based data migration tool, and served as the sole designer on one of the largest client projects at the company.
- Managed our team of developers on various complex web projects, and directed the team in user experience, design, development, and more.
- Spearheaded an internal product effort to build a web-based fitness product that I designed.
- Initially built websites in plain HTML for clients. Transitioned to using the technologies best suited for each project.
- Consulted on a large variety of projects, from small-scale personal websites to feature-rich social network platforms and everything in-between.
- Served in many roles in my independent work including a technical advisor, investor relations, product design, UX director, art director, and more.
Director of User Experience
- Designed and developed a multitude of internal-use microsites and applications for Cyxtera teams.
- Designed and developed new websites for various Cyxtera products.
- Designed and developed the beginnings of a design system to be used across multiple tools and products in the Cyxtera suite.
Technical Product Manager
- Designed a new version of a product called Brainspace web, and wrote a large portion of the front-end markup.
- Managed the internal development team responsible for the Brainspace web product, handling product strategy, user experience, and design.
- Co-led the design efforts for a new version of the flagship Brainspace product.
Co-founder and President
- Designed a concept augmented reality project for the iPhone 4 that we were told was not possible to build. We released a fully-functional prototype three months into the project.
- Managed our internal development team and led the design efforts for our technology prototypes, marketing materials, and concepts.
- Designed and managed an iPad application called Game View that allowed international football fans the ability to follow along with games in real-time with a patent-pending data-driven experience.