Verified Expert in Design
Katarina is a UX-focused product designer with five years of experience. After a UX role at Publicis Sapient focused on enterprise eCommerce implementations, Katarina now leads the design of a data-heavy SaaS product focused on tracking clinical trial disclosure obligations. Katarina's process incorporates qualitative and quantitative research to inform designs that meet user needs and business requirements.
Lead Product Designer
- Led the product design of Prime, a data-heavy SaaS platform that tracks clinical trial transparency obligations for pharmaceutical and biotech companies. Executed the entire design lifecycle from user research, ideation to the high-fidelity designs.
- Conducted user interviews with clinical trial disclosure specialists to understand user needs and to gather feedback in order to iterate upon designs.
- Led and managed the design of a patient engagement website for a large pharmaceutical corporation.
- Created and managed the internal design system as well as incorporating the design into the product lifecycle that did not have any design functions involved previously.
- Worked very closely with the business team and development teams to ensure the designs met business and technical requirements.
Freelance UX/UI Designer
- Managed the entire project lifecycle during freelance projects from conducting UX research, gathering functional requirements, creating wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs.
- Worked with a client in real estate development to design a website to showcase their real estate portfolio with the intention of attracting investors, buyers, and renters.
- Designed and managed websites to assemble investor classes on particular activist investments.
- Designed the brand identity and eCommerce store on Shopify for a small retail brand.
- Worked as part of the commerce team which specialized in the delivery of eCommerce solutions built upon the SAP Hybris platform for a variety of large accounts.
- Created wireframes and prototypes, conducted research and testing, and facilitated frequent internal/client presentations to ensure alignment across tech, business, design teams, and the client.
- Worked on the eCommerce redesign, blog design, marketing campaign landing page design, and user testing for a multibillion-dollar performance apparel company.
- Contributed to the eCommerce redesign and future UX strategy recommendations for an NYSE-listed industrial lighting equipment manufacturer.
- Worked on the eCommerce marketplace design for a multibillion-dollar commercial real estate investment trust.
- Contributed to the optimization of order management software, the redesign of a point-of- sale platform, and a redesign of hotel booking eCommerce flows of a multinational media and entertainment resort corporation.
UX Designer in Residence
DESIGNATION (now the Flatiron School)
- Was selected as one of two graduates to become a designer in residence at a full-stack design bootcamp.
- Worked as the project manager for students completing client work, facilitated morning standups, and answered their questions regarding UX principals.
- Conducted UX research that drove the company website redesign.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Spanish
University of Virginia - Charlottesville, VA, United States
DESIGNATION (now Flatiron School)