Verified Expert in Design
Katie recently moved to the UK from New Zealand where she worked on UX projects for Mevo, Pushpay, and The New Zealand Government service design team. She's passionate about championing usability and ensuring the sites and apps she delivers build measurable business value and maximize the experience of the user. When not UXing, Katie's playing the piano, sipping scotch whiskey, or attending the latest UX conferences.
Mainstage Digital Branding and Product UI Style Guide
Product UI for Housing Calculator
TORCHBOX | Digital Agency | UK
- Bridged research, design, and evaluation. This required working collaboratively with multiple teams so that we could operate efficiently as a full-service agency.
- Created time to investigate improvements in our clients' digital experiences by using analytical tools to capture insights and ideate recommendations to then pitch back to clients.
- Hosted workshops with the client to establish who the digital experience is going to be impacting the most and establish ways to make the experience better for them.
- Redefined the information architecture of websites by conducting qual and quant testing to then inform a better solution.
Mid-level UX Product Designer
PUSHPAY | SaaS | Mobile payments | Auckland, NZ
- Designed exceptional experiences that embodied flow and focus. This was achieved by conceptualizing user flows required utilizing hidden smarts to ensure every touchpoint had been considered.
- Oversaw architecting personalization. This was by ensuring meaningful information that is surfaced in the appropriate areas. This kept security measurements at the core but creatively considered ways to leveraged delight.
- Focused on strategic forward thinking. How are our users going to change? How can we still create a loveable product for them 3 years from now? Each task required designing with qualitative and quantitative data.
- Initiated, planned, conducted, and documented customer interactions. These included active listening sessions, unmoderated and moderated remote usability testing, user interviews and video diaries.
- Collaborated with product managers, engineers, and business stakeholders in benchmarking, writing user stories, building service blueprints and wireframes, collectively agreeing upon requirements to ensure exceptional design and experiences was at the core.
- Campaigned leveling up of the design system to focus on accessibility and meaningful in product messaging which required working with software engineers, accessibility specialist and customers.
UX | UI Designer
MEVO | Electric car sharing service | Wellington, NZ
- Created responsive design mockups and writing functional requirements for the remote engineering teams.
- Measured website performance using analytical tools to then Initiate an A/B testing strategy.
- Designed with data. Prototyped from qualitative and qualitative results.
- Worked closely with CX consultant to ensure all every touch point is optimized.
- Collaborated with remote engineering team to create a design system.
Jr UX Designer | Digital Designer
MINISTRY OF BUSINESS INNOVATION | Service design - NZ Gov
- Mapped service design blueprints for better customer interactions between the New Zealand government and NZ citizens.
- Collaborated closely with UX researchers in building prototypes and synthesizing data.
- Participated, conducted, and documented usability testing, eye tracking, and problem discovery sessions.
- Designed responsive mobile and desktop assets for developers.
- Measured and reported website performance using analytical tools.
Bachelor of Design Degree in Visual Communications
Auckland University of Technology - Auckland New Zealand
Certificate in Digital Marketing
CIM Chartered Institute of Marketing