Kaylin Jordan Kudla
San Francisco, CA, United States
Member since February 29, 2016
Kaylin is a senior design professional who specializes in crafting award-winning solutions for global brands and the people who matter to them. She brings a hands-on approach to managing cross-functional teams, collaborating with clients, and bringing creative concepts to life.
- Senior Product Designer2017 - PRESENTEllation
Technologies: Sketch, Marvel, Zeplin, Framer, etc.
- Created the design and user experience of Ellation's custom CMS platform.
- Lead Designer and User Experience Manager2015 - 2016Jumpshot, Inc.
Technologies: Adobe [Photoshop, Illustrator, Creative Cloud, Lightroom, InDesign], InVision, Justinmind, Scrum, Google Docs
- Led design and user experience across multiple large, fast-paced projects for an international big data company.
- Analyzed market trends and competitors, creating value proposals that improve overall design quality.
- Consulted with customers to identify current pain points and future opportunities for product development.
- Hired and managed an international team of designers in their daily responsibilities, mentoring them and providing daily feedback.
- Established identity guide, core messaging, and branding standards for company and product.
- Created high-fidelity interactive prototypes and wireframes.
- Contributed to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product team.
- Creative Director2014 - 2015Bauxy, Inc.
Technologies: Adobe Creative Suite, HTML5/CSS3/JS, Sublime Text, InVision, Trello, Pinterest, PowerPoint, Responsive design, User interface design, User experience design, Illustration, Usability testing, GitHub
- Designed and built strategic solutions for a healthcare startup.
- Oversaw brand storytelling.
- Designed investor pitch presentations, business cards, logos, etc.
- Led advocacy for understanding and perfecting the user’s experience.
- Worked on product research using competitive analysis, data analysis, and user feedback.
- Worked on product strategy using personas, user journeys, and value propositions.
- Created wireframes, interactive prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups for B2B software and online tools.
- Contributed significantly to user interviews and investor relations.
- Designed and coded responsive front-end framework for a multi-channel platform displayed on large, in-store touchscreen devices.
- Creative Strategist and Front-end Developer2012 - 2014Ronald McDonald House Charities
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, Adobe InDesign, Sublime Text, Pen and paper, Print design, Vector illustration, Bootstrap, GitHub, Responsive design, Event design
- Crafted the entire visual identity and online experience for the 2013 and 2014 Ronald McDonald House Charities balls, including print promotion materials, responsive website, and stage backdrop.
- Illustrated the event's stage backdrop/responsive website background based on the event's theme (Peter Pan, 2013 and Cinderella, 2014).
- Used themed illustration across mailings, social media campaigns, presentations, stage material, and event banners.
- Developed and directed the art for campaign ideas, including traditional advertising and style guides.
- Handled all cross-browser development, testing, bug fixing, and maintenance.
- Assisted the video team in creating visual elements and editing footage for use at event presentations.
- Won a Davey Award for the website: Bronze W3 Award in Event Category, Bronze W3 Award in Non-Profit Category, and a MarCom Award for Best Website Design.
- Senior Designer and Front-end Development Manager2012 - 2014Gate6 Digital Agency
Technologies: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, UXPin, Trello, PowerPoint, Illustration, UX research, User testing, Front-end dev, HTML5, CSS3, JS, Bootstrap, WordPress, GitHub
- Represented the design team when pitching to new clients as well as developing campaign ideas for existing clients.
- Generated creative concepts while working with copywriters, project managers, engineers, and the creative director.
- Executed campaign concepts using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, and additional software at a rapid pace.
- Pitched ideas to the creative director and presented finished campaigns to clients.
- Managed a small team of junior designers and front-end developers to support campaign generation and execution.
- Acted as technical liaison between design and engineering teams.
- Developed visual identities for various brands, events, and products including traditional advertising and style guides.
- Conducted target user and market research.
- Oversaw front-end framework creation for a multitude of projects with collaboration with junior front-end devs and back-end engineers.
- Lead Developer and Asset Designer2012 - 2012Eric Clapton | Crossroads Guitar Festival 2012
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sublime Text, Vector illustration, Bootstrap, Responsive design, High-profile event marketing, Social media
- Developed a website and provided visual assets for a large entertainment event.
- Managed a dedicated server, performed load testing, and developed cache strategies to prepare for large traffic spikes as the event drew closer.
- Tested all code to ensure that the final design displayed appropriately on all supported browsers and devices.
- Handled cross-browser testing, bug fixing, and website maintenance.
- Assisted in creating visual assets for social media campaigns, event promotion, banners, and more.
- Won the Communicator Award of Excellence in Event Category and Communicator Award of Distinction in Entertainment Category.
- Junior Designer2008 - 2012March of Dimes
Technologies: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, PowerPoint, Word
- Designed a wide range of print assets including booth displays, posters, brochures, newsletters, invitations, editorial layouts, and more.
- Designed digital promotional material such as animated web banners, display advertisements, interactive website content, and social media assets.
- Maintained and protected brand guidelines.
- Conducted target user and market research.
- Generated creative concepts as part of a large creative team.
- Produced creative visuals in response to design briefs.
- Produced pixel-perfect deliverables and assets to ensure consistent visual output.
- Bachelor's degree in Interactive Media Design2007 - 2011Art Institute of Phoenix - Phoenix, Arizona