Verified Expert in Design
Kieron combines high-quality UX/UI delivery with a deep understanding of design operations and management. With a background that spans more than a decade, Kieron's worked on a range of digital products for brands such as Estée Lauder, Armani, and Diesel while also leading teams in some of the most challenging environments. Recently, Kieron's designed the world's first bamboo smartphone concept, which secured $1 million in funding in 2012.
Landlord Acquisition for a Home Renting Platform
CRM Web App for Qualified Business Leads
Lead Product Designer
- Created a strategy and roadmap for the landlord experience design team.
- Led and implemented an agile design framework that resulted in increased productivity, a higher quality output, and happier designers.
- Redesigned the entire registration process from the ground up for landlords that focused on Spotahome's USP: the Home Checker.
- Coached junior designers on how to handle stakeholders, improve efficiencies, and navigate complex projects using agile methodologies and tools.
- Worked closely with the design director to facilitate a company-wide conversation around design, the role it plays within the business, its value, and how to mobilize the team.
Lead Product Designer
- Completely reimagined the structure of the platform to facilitate larger enterprise customers. This included the introduction of workspaces, self-service onboarding, user management as well as communication emails.
- Successfully spearheaded a design-led approach collaborating with a relatively junior team throughout the project.
- Facilitated a range of activities with internal stakeholders such as expert interviews, flow mapping workshops, crazy eights, and how-might-we session.
- Served as the sole product designer working in a squad of two front-end developers, two back-end developers, and a product manager.
- Created the first product design progression matrix at Attest. This was used to assess the capabilities of the relatively new design team and build individual development plans.
Head of UX and Product Design
- Grew the UX from one to four in the space of three years—now working across the organization—developing and improving the internal tools the teams use as well as the publishing sites thousands of customers use every day.
- Established a company-wide strategy that’s focused and impacted the most crucial parts of the business.
- Was recognized externally and shortlisted for three UX industry awards between 2017-2018 for work carried out on the MVF leads portal 2.0.
- Built a progression matrix and courier tracks to ensure the continuous development of the team while allowing them to benchmark themselves against the industry.
- Responsible for the wellbeing, management, and performance of all UX architects and product designers across the business.
- Served as the creative arm of KickForward and worked with businesses to strategize, manage, and implement innovative service and product solutions.
- Worked on a mini social media platform for a working space that allowed residents to communicate securely, book meeting rooms, and share their work.
- Worked for a digital launch partner for SalonScience, a UK-based premium hair care brand, featured in Boots stores nationally. We designed and built their whole website that featured a diagnostic tool that allowed customers to find the right product for their individual concerns.
- Secured a contract for a client with one of the biggest Chinese ODMS to develop a Moroccan-based business tablet-phone hybrid.
- Managed clients, created proposals, and acquired clients through events and networking.
- Established and managed the overall creative direction of the company and brand, ensuring every creative aspect is coherent with the design language and styling of the product.
- Worked closely with software and hardware engineers to ensure that the design language and strong brand values are consistent throughout the product from physical appearance to the user interface.
- Project-managed the internal and external ODM and software teams by developing and implementing clear development strategies.
- Establishing partnerships with other brands for bundled accessories such as headphones.
- Worked closely with the in-house product designer in the UK by preparing the concept for manufacture with Inventec, the manufacturer.
RedLoop: The MDX Design and Innovation Centre
- Led the design and implementation of Decra's new website, one of the largest fabricators of WC systems in the UK.
- Worked on an injection-molded ballet shoe designed to increase the life of the shoe under the harsh conditions.
- Redesigned the MODA website from a purely informational site to an online archive of exhibits people could explore digitally.
- Created a 3D model of a complex injection mold hairclip that was designed to look like a rose for Linshell (a company that sells its products in over 17 countries worldwide).
- Contributed, as the only person on the team with web design experience at the time, to the web project strategy and acquisition of these clients.
Assistant Store Designer
The Estée Lauder Companies, Inc.
- Assisted and drafted elevations for the in-store fittings of the Clinique brand.
- Designed the Clinique "On Counter Technology" casing for stores such as Harrods, Debenhams, and Selfridges throughout the UK.
- Assisted in costing up fit-outs to budgetary requirements.
- Assisted in on-site snagging with store fitters to ensure the finish was up to the strict brand standards set out by the brand.
- Carried out daily administrative tasks and managed communication between designers and suppliers to ensure projects were delivered on time.
Bachelor of Arts Degree with First Class Honors in Product Design
Middlesex University - London, United Kingdom
A Levels in Product Design and ICT
Esher College - Surrey, United Kingdom
MVF Management Development Academy — PASS
Google Tag Manager Fundamentals
Advanced Google Analytics
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring