Leonidas Pekka Kambiselis
Toptal Member Since
May 11, 2016
Leonidas is an excellent team player and design leader who strives to educate and learn from others. He has worked for top Scandinavian agencies, and his portfolio includes global brands such as Panasonic, Huawei, and Microsoft and many startups in Europe and the US. He's looking forward to collaborating on the next big thing!
Leonidas is available for hireHire Leonidas
Android UI DesignConsumer ProductsNative Mobile AppsAndroid Material DesignGoogle Material DesignFitness Trackers+ 11 more
Ship Command Center
Enterprise SystemsIndustrial DesignApp UIIaaSCross-platform UXMultiplayer+ 17 more
iOS GuidesGoogle Material DesignWatchOS UIApple WatchAndroid WatchBest Practices in Design+ 3 more
Frost & Sprinkle
iOS GuidesNative Mobile Apps3D Visualization3D Graphics3D Motion GraphicsDesign+ 5 more
2019 - 2021
Lead UX/UI Designer
- Established a design system practice within the company, connecting marketing with design and design with development in multidisciplinary teams.
- Interviewed, hired, and trained designers in the specific technology that the company was using.
- Optimized the company software products from a design point-of-view to serve their end-users better.
Technologies: Figma, Jira, UX Flows, Lean UX, Web App Design, Tablet UI, Mobile Design, eCommerce, UX Wireframes, Mockups, User Flows
2018 - 2018
Lead UX Designer
- Redesigned Gelato’s e-platform. Gelato is based in Norway but operates globally, providing services using the “sharing economy” concept for the printing industry.
- Shaped the company's main product, a SaaS service that connected large-scale printing facilities with end-users, thus lowering the costs involved in printing various products.
- Designed 500 UIs within a period of six months to bring changes to the core platform faster to the market.
- Kept up-to-date on UI/UX best practices and trends by monitoring competition and relevant products to identify opportunities for innovation.
- Shared best practices internally to promote a culture of excellence in design and customer-centricity.
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Zeplin, Sketch, Figma, InVision, Web App UI, Jira, B2C, Interactive Prototypes, Mobile Apps, Mobile UI Design, Mobile UX Design
2018 - 2018
Lead UX Designer
- Headed the user experience design for several mobile apps. Nordea is a Nordic financial services group operating in Northern Europe and based in Helsinki.
- Grew the user base from 100,000 to 300,000 users in one year for the Siirto and Wallet apps using UX design techniques such as cognitive biases and design canvases.
- Assisted in shaping and establishing a design system with a team of 30 designers, along with best practices to a team consisting of over 400 developers and user-analysts in three countries.
- Trained in cyber security concerning the banking services and on General Data Protection Regulation (EU directive 2016/679 GDPR) before working on more data-sensitive projects within the company.
- Led the user-interview process dealing with the mobile apps designed for the consumer banking services, which allowed the developers and product testing teams to make fast changes to the mobile apps, which resulted in an improved user experience.
- Designed the interfaces for real-time mobile payments covering several Nordic countries, serving a clientele of 9.3 million private and 530,000 active corporate customers.
Technologies: Zeplin, Figma, InVision, Sketch, User Research, Product Design, Design Thinking, Enterprise SaaS, B2B, SaaS, Dashboard Design, Web App UX, Finance, Style Guides, User Flows, Interactive Prototypes, iOS
2016 - 2016
Specialist UX/UI Consultant
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Served as a user interface design consultant for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation led by the M4ID agency. The project required innovating new approaches to the design of the labor ward in a low-resource setting.
- Collaborated with 20 designers to create a mobile application for an innovative healthcare digital offering targeted to African countries.
- Helped the team's researchers to drive conclusions for best practices within the hospitals by utilizing design thinking. Analyzed the results from the team's in-field research work to make changes in the software interfaces.
Technologies: iOS Design Guidelines, Balsamiq, Adobe Photoshop, UI Design, Figma, Enterprise Design, Mobile Design, Interactive Prototypes
2015 - 2016
Specialist UX Designer
- Provided user experience design expertise for next-generation cloud-enabled healthcare services.
- Collaborated with multiple UX designers and developers.
- Completed the A/B testing and prototyping, gaining valuable insights.
Technologies: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Android Material Design, Data Visualization, UI Components, User Flows, Interactive Prototypes, Mobile Apps, Mobile UI Design, Mobile UX Design, Consumer Health
2015 - 2015
Blackberry Mobile Devices
- Led the team that designed the user experience for several software products.
- Researched and proposed business-specific functionalities to the software products designed for BlackBerry's mobile services division: Blackberry.com/us/en/industries/retail.
- Transferred the knowledge from enterprise-level software to consumer-focused products, bringing new features to those services.
Technologies: Adobe Illustrator, Android Material Design, Mobile Apps, Mobile UI Design, Mobile UX Design
2015 - 2015
Karma Automotive USA
- Served as a remote UX designer for KARMA, an electric luxury sports car manufacturer.
- Focused on use cases and the corresponding user-flows in relation to cloud-enabled telematics.
- Designed interfaces for automotive technologies, changing the current user experience within the vehicle by following industry standards.
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects
2013 - 2015
Lead UX Designer
- Studied the interaction, created animated high-fidelity mocaps for the developers and tested the software prototypes.
- Conducted the motion-design research and production tasks, supporting the transformation to an ecosystem of applications from single-use applications for a total of 9 million end-users.
- Created user stories in workshops that HCI specialists then analyzed before being designed as individual UIs and coded into the applications.
Technologies: Windows Mobile, Microsoft Blend, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, User Feedback, Paper Prototyping, Leadership, User Interviews, Interactive Prototypes
2014 - 2014
Higher National Diploma in Business Development
Teeside University College - Prague, Czech Republic
2003 - 2006
Master of Arts Degree in New Media
Aalto University Medialab - Helsinki, Finland
2000 - 2003
Bachelor of Arts Degree in 3D Animation & Graphic Design
Middlesex University College - Athens, Greece