Verified Expert in Design
Mat is a freelance designer who's passionate about working with great people and teams to create honest, impactful brands and products. He has more than a decade of experience working in senior roles at various startups for both marketing and product teams. Mat loves telling the story of a company—writing the copy, choosing the visual directions, and more—but he also loves UI design because it feels like one giant puzzle he gets to solve visually.
- Developed the brand and website for the new luxury salon in Houston.
- Worked as a lead designer for product and marketing at Y Combinator.
- Created the UI/UX for Bus.com's event ticket checkout process.
- Designed the UI/UX for Bus.com's community app, including ticket purchases, GPS, and chat integration.
- Crafted the branding for the website of Sharethebus.
Smooch.io (acquired by Zendesk)
- Worked as a designer at Smooch.io, which Zendesk acquired in May 2019. Here's the link to a TechCrunch article about the acquisition: https://tinyurl.com/4xzsku36.
- Rebranded SupportKit and its products to Smooch.io.
- Collaborated with the team to develop the brand's visual direction, which has since evolved into an incredible entity.
- Updated and refocused the Lightspeed brand and its retail point-of-sale software in collaboration with marketing, sales, and project management.
- Encouraged team members to work within established deadlines.
- Led the direction of photo and video campaigns with 3rd-party vendors.
Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design and Illustration
Georgian College - Barrie Ontario, Canada
Graphic Design Diploma