New York, NY, United States
Member since May 15, 2017
Matthew has been working as a designer for more than seven years and continues to love what he does. Although he's worked in all areas of design, he definitely specializes in pixels and code. Matthew also runs a creative technology studio called Form & Void and the freelance design collective: Peopl. His clients have included Apple, Verizon, R/GA, Critical Mass, and Citibank.
- Freelance Lead Interactive Design (Remote)2018 - PRESENTCrowdtap
Technologies: InVision, Principle, Sketch, Zeplin
- Developed the dashboard UI and UX design.
- Defined the style guide for the UI elements based on renewed version of branding.
- Ideated for the iOS mobile app.
- Freelance Interactive Designer2017 - 2017R/GA
Technologies: Sketch, InVision, Principle, Framer
- Worked on a project for one of the biggest telecommunications companies that aimed to redesign how the company acquires new customers.
- Was involved a major UX overhaul along with the implementation of a new visual identity.
- Worked in a faced-paced environment with a team of more than 20 people.
- Worked in a collaborative environment where UI and UX designers equally input on visual standards and flow design.
- Iterated quickly on designs within months—working in Sketch and testing prototypes in InVision and Principle.
- Freelance Interactive Art Director2016 - 2016Apple
Technologies: Sketch, Principle, Photoshop
- Worked on the blue sky concepts for the revamp of the Apple online store.
- Implemented, in a small team, the changes to the marketing site for an upcoming launch.
- Was required to learn the entire design system and Human Interface Guidelines of Apple before starting on any live work.
- Worked with some of the best designers in the world.
- Worked on items that eventually ended up in front of Apple Executives.
- Freelance Senior Designer2015 - 2015Critical Mass
Technologies: Sketch, Photoshop, InVision
- Relaunched, in a small team, a major banking app's design.
- Worked in an agile workflow, led design sprints, and built and tested clickable prototypes.
- Explored new ways to engage with customers, revised user flows, and worked on sections of the app.
- Worked in a fast-paced work environment—one-week sprints.
- Worked closely with developers to make sure that the designs were technologically feasible.
- Designer2012 - 2013Barrel
Technologies: Illustrator, Photoshop, Front-end Development, InVision
- Worked as an interactive designer on projects spanning from identity design to web apps.
- Improved upon the workflow and tools used by the design team, along with giving presentations on new techniques in the design world.
- Often acted as a lead designer on project teams and took on some of the front-end development responsibilities when needed.
- Presented to clients on a regular basis; designers had a one-on-one relationship with clients to keep an open dialogue.
- Worked on small design teams that consisted of a designer, developer, and project manager.
- Certificate in Creative Technology2017 - 2017School for Poetic Computation: SFPC - New York City, NY, USA
- Certificate in Interactive Telecommunications2017 - 2017New York University ITP - New York City, NY, USA
- Continuing education certificate in Graphic Design2011 - 2011Parsons School of Design - New York City, NY, USA
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Art2004 - 2008Rutgers University - New Brunswick, NJ, USA