Verified Expert in Design
Matthew is a UX/UI professional who focuses on pragmatic customer-centric, data-driven solutions. Matthew is a CXO but started his career as a designer, then a front-end developer, and ultimately as a UX specialist, giving him a holistic and realistic understanding of project delivery. He's skilled in leadership and has built and managed both small teams and large departments.
Connect ITG - SaaS Website Wireframing
TalkTalk Business - B2B Website
- Led the UX development for the client-facing website and helped to redefine the navigational systems. This involved new information architecture, micro-interactions, and redefining the hierarchy of information.
- Designed and annotated both high and low-fidelity wireframes for the responsive website, considering the need for adaptive designs on mobile devices.
- Created annotated interactive prototypes to test concepts with customers and the client before developers began implementing the designs.
- Worked with the client via live remote-whiteboarding sessions to ideate solutions, prioritize tasks, and visually layout the important user journeys and process flows.
- Led and managed the joint UI/UX team in a collaborative project between IBM and their client's in-house team for Al Arabiya by MBC news.
- Led the total re-architecture and re-design of two multilingual websites and two mobile phone apps within a six-month engagement.
- Participated in task timing estimations for the department and oversaw all IA, UX, UI, and prototyping.
Chief Experience Officer (CXO)
Tent + Bear
- Served as the head of experience for T+B across all clients, championing good customer experience both from end-users and the business.
- Led the UX development for IBMix in Dubai and oversaw UX principles across IBM's clients in Dubai.
- Led the UX development on digital products currently in development for Al Arabiya across television, web, and mobile app.
- Implemented UI/UX principles across all clients. Developed design language systems, including cross-language component libraries, baseline grids, branding, and design language and system rules.
- Led the UX development on Fintech clients, apps, and web-based B2B payment systems.
- Gathered insights from the analytics data to identify clear personas and align user journeys to them.
- Mapped out user flows along with detailed wireframes across responsive web and mobile apps.
- Designed a luxury brand experience that made the process of investing and learning about commodity investing an enjoyable and efficient process.
- Built and led the creative department from just four staff to over ten, championing customer-centric values, both internally and with our clients.
- Oversaw day-to-day management of the creative department, from people management and mentoring down to handling budgets for staff hires and restructure.
- Led the UX development for numerous airline company websites in the UK.
- Spearheaded the UX development on various vehicle-leasing companies within the UK.
- Piloted UX and UI work for all clients within the department.
UX Strategy Director - Contract
- Resolved several specific complex user journeys through flows, maps, and wireframing.
- Developed the UI design for the luxury market based on extensive wireframe designs.
- Built user flows and presentation of innovation for the future.
Digital Creative Director
Jack Morton Worldwide
- Led the UI development and facilitated UX and digital strategy on client work. Spearheaded internal change management and process definition and implementation.
- Implemented a new internal digital delivery process.
- Piloted global branding for a $21.6 billion US corporation.
- Delivered pitch decks for finance, automotive, and technology corporations.
Digital Team Leader
- Led the digital team through product rebrands and launch. Served as the line manager to the creative team.
- Increased online sales from 12-22% within the first 2 months of launch, exceeding targets. Grew this increase to a total business increase from 40 to 60% of sales conducted online by Q4.
- Led the digital team across multiple buildings, specifically defining and maintaining UX and UI standards.
Senior Digital Designer
The Engine Group
- Helped the agency win two design and marketing awards for my work with T-Mobile (EE) and gamification for The Glenlivet.
- Provided all-around digital and UX project leadership.
- Provided award-winning pitch work, including The Glenlivet Alpha, Rolls Royce Ghost, GHD Hair and T-Mobile Treat Van.
Subsidiary in Cognitive Neuroscience
MIT - Open University
Bachelor of Arts Degree with Honors in Graphic and Media Design
UAL - London, England