Verified Expert in Design
Max is a lead product designer with six years' experience in UX, UI, and product strategy. He's designed and led teams at some of the UK's greatest companies including Ve Interactive and InMotion Ventures (Jaguar Land Rover's Strategic Business Unit), as well as many high-growth startups. Max is comfortable in any stage of a project, from ideation to high-fidelity designs, and in teams of all sizes.
Lead Product Designer
- Led design strategy within the company to define guidelines, approach, hiring/outsourcing and more.
- Led workshops to help define product strategy.
- Redesigned iOS, Android apps and websites including a scalable design system.
- Implemented a learning machine and research structure to move the company to a user centered product design approach.
- Worked as part of the acquisition squad to triple the companies user base.
- Worked as part of the engagement squad to increase retention and increase life time value.
Freelance Web Designer
- Expanded company branding from just a basic logo to develop an MVP identity system.
- Designed the company website including content structure, copywriting, wireframing, high fidelity design, and animation.
- Developed the company website, incorporating a WordPress CMS for the client to easily manage the site going forward.
Lead Product Designer
- Redesigned the company's brand to modernize its visuals and better appeal to its audience.
- Designed the iOS app to improve its usability and increase consumer delight to improve key metrics such as conversion rate and user lifetime value.
- Designed the website to launch the company and prepare it for aggressive scaling.
- Prepared the company for launch and scale including designing all marketing assets and creating its style guides.
- Participated in strategy definition to shape the direction of the company, from a design, product, and business perspective.
- Implemented a scalable design system.
Lead Product Designer
- Reworked the company's brand and visual design to create a more sophisticated and effective visual style.
- Redesigned the company's iOS and web apps and designed multiple new features to professionalize its visuals and improve its architecture and usability.
- Designed an Android app to increase the market size including UX, UI, visual design, and testing.
- Redesigned the company website to improve its conversion rate and professionalize its visuals.
- Ideated and designed a "plus" plan in order to monetize the company's growing user base, including upgrade and payment flows.
Product Designer (Freelance)
- Enhanced the company brand from basic components to a wider range of assets including print and web style guides.
- Completely redesigned the company's AI candidate sourcing platform, a responsive web platform, including UX, UI, visual design, prototyping, and animation.
- Designed the landing page and website including content planning, UX, UI, visual design, prototyping, and animation.
Lead UX/UI Designer
InMotion Ventures (Jaguar Land Rover)
- Led a ground-up redesign of the company website to improve the clarity of their offering and modernize its visual design.
- Provided consultation services for a range of portfolio startups, leading workshops, defining product and design strategy and helping them hire and manage designers.
- Worked from ideation to final launch to create a rental business for Jaguar Land Rover's fleet of cars including assisting with research, proposition, and business design and leading branding and product design for both iOS and web.
- Worked from ideation to final launch to create a car subscription business and brand new sales funnel for Jaguar Land Rover's fleet of cars including assisting with research, proposition and business design and leading branding and product design for both iOS and web.
- Led product design for a short term car insurance platform including leading research, testing, UX, and UI for both website and iOS.
Junior - Lead UX Designer
- Worked on a user-facing web platform to move the business from a sales/account manager model to an automated SaaS model.
- Led the redesign of the company's customer resource management system, serving over 1,000 staff members across ten countries.
- Led engagements with multi-national companies (such as the Radisson Hotel Group) to pitch eCommerce improvements and design solutions and products to improve their online conversion rates.
- Led qualitative research projects to help the company understand its audience, and develop and ideate new solutions.
- Worked on the design of three new products, one of which created an 8x revenue improvement for the company.
- Led teams and mentored more junior designers.
- Worked on a complete re-architecture and re-design of the company website to modernize their web presence and improve its performance.
The Columbo Group
- Worked on brand and print campaigns for a range of top London music and restaurant venues.
- Worked on the web design for a range of top London music and restaurant venues.
- Worked on social media and content marketing design for a range of top London music and restaurant venues.
Bachelor of Arts Degree with Honors in Photography
The Arts University College Bournemouth - Bournemouth, England
Insights for Innovation