Michelle M Petrie
Verified Expert in Design
From the beginnings of the internet, Michelle has launched campaigns, companies, products, and gone through more evolutions in technology than she can remember. Whether print or emerging technologies, her biggest strength lies in streamlining large amounts of information into driving ideas, above the bar visual solutions and brand advocacy.
- Provided hands-on UX strategy, UI visual design, and prototyping for various sectors.
- Developed strategic branding solutions, creative direction, and internal marketing team collaborations.
- Defined digital strategies that extend across business units, product teams, and geographic segments.
- Managed outside creative and digital agencies.
- Worked closely on collaborative solutions with developer teams.
- Designed human-centered branding and UX for higher education, disruptive technologies, remotely distributed teams, and start-ups.
UX Design Manager/Interim Creative Director
Walk West Marketing
- Provided hands-on design, wireframing, and art direction in Sketch for UX strategy and visual UI.
- Led the iterative discovery process, build user-centered design assets, and validated those against marketing and stakeholder requirements.
- Wrote and developed creative briefs and strategy documents.
- Led client meetings, creative presentations, and stakeholder meetings.
- Mentored the internal design and UX team members on integrating brand strategy into the UX and UI.
- Served as the Creative Strategy Lead for research and direction on branding digital experiences and web platforms.
UX Design & Brand Strategist
The BuildCoin Foundation
- Delivered UX Strategy, brand development, infographics and website design for this emerging cryptocurrency and blockchain non-profit, global startup, domiciled out of Zug, Switzerland.
- Led creative, research,strategy and design for its partner companies' marketing teams.
- Established brand and product trust in an unproven market space —resulting in a partnership with the government of Sao Paulo, Brazil to complete feasibility studies for lighting projects in 30+ municipalities.
- Led the strategic vision, development, and management of creative department process and strategy.
- Rebranded and relaunched the agency's identity, brand aesthetic, visual language and messaging.
- Transitioned team to new technologies and processes as an early adopter of Sketch app and Sketch onboarding into their prototyping and UI process.
- Focused on disruptive technologies and venture capital startups.
- Branded various disruptive products including product naming and platforms.
Senior Interactive Art Director
- Led and managed national multi-channel digital campaigns, and advertising projects at a large, fast-paced agency environment.
- Worked with clients including Dell SMB, Ingenix/i3 Research, JC Penney, Universal Studios Florida, Courtyard Marriott, and the Wall Street Journal.
- Led the account for Dell's SMB digital advertising campaigns online. Redefined their global product photography library, and worked with the development team to push the boundaries of new media with flash and cross-talk digital ads.
- Worked remotely with the NYC office on gameplay design and UX for a microsite that targeted business class engagement.
- Executed the WSJ's “Every Journey Needs a Journal” campaign into engaging interactive digital ads.
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Design
University of Texas - Austin, Texas
Advisory Board Member