Verified Expert in Design
Ming has over six years of experience in research and design. She enjoys working on consumer products and has had projects featured by Apple. She takes pride in combining user problems with business goals to create simple solutions. Ming specializes in product strategy, user experience design, and user interface design.
Senior Product Designer
- Carried out UX research and redesigned the end-to-end experience on iOS and Android for Australia's most popular online healthcare booking app.
- Led the creation of a design system to improve consistency across all customer touchpoints.
- Facilitated workshops with interdisciplinary teams to understand business challenges and create solutions.
- Worked with product managers and engineers to define and plan projects to achieve our highest impact.
- Led the research and design of new products for patients and practices.
Senior Product Designer
- Took complete ownership of the entire design process, from user research to user journeys, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, usability testing, and high-fidelity mockups.
- Designed several new features, such as threaded comments, cancellation flows, and payment history.
- Mentored four new product designers, resulting in core product improvements and new products.
- Facilitated design sprints with interdisciplinary teams.
- Collaborated with product managers to prioritize features and set product strategy.
- Worked closely with clients to bring to life designs for a new baby care app on iOS. This included UX design, UI design, and visual identity.
- Created the information architecture and wireframes for an investment banking website that was owned by a leading bank in Australia.
- Carried out qualitative user research for various clients to understand user behavior, needs, and motivations.
- Conducted usability tests with conveyancing and immigration lawyers for a leading legal software company.
Research Analyst | UX Designer
Camino Research & Strategy
- Designed and prototyped an internal mobile ethnography product, which allows companies to track the behavior of a panel of consumers over a set period.
- Performed research and analysis of short and long term studies on user behavior and preferences in the luxury car market.
- Conducted preliminary evaluations for various clients to identify potential research areas.
- Wrote interview guides and focus group discussion guides for various FMCG research projects.
- Coordinated international research projects for Unilever to investigate consumer needs and perceptions of hair care products across China, America, and Japan.
- Planned and carried out diary studies with participants to test new hair care products.
- Analyzed, composed, and presented findings to clients.
Master's Degree in Interaction Design and Electronic Arts
University of Sydney - Sydney, Australia
Bachelor of Science Degree in Science
University of Auckland - Auckland, New Zeland