Boulder, CO, United States
Toptal Member Since
March 30, 2017
MK has ten years of experience designing beautiful and usable interactions and interfaces. She has a reputation for doing great work quickly with abounding user empathy. MK has a BA degree from UT Austin, an MFA degree from SCAD, and six years of agency experience.
MK is available for hireHire MK
Global Footprint Network - Footprint Calculator
User ResearchIA StrategyUI DesignStyle GuidesContent Management Systems (CMS)Writing & Editing+ 1 more
PersonasUX StrategyBrand DevelopmentContent Management Systems (CMS)UI DesignStyle Guides
Complete College America
UX DesignWireframingUI DesignContent Management Systems (CMS)
Product DesignInteraction Design (IxD)iOSIdeation
UX AuditsVisual ExplorationMood BoardInformation Architecture (IA)Content Management Systems (CMS)Wireframing+ 3 more
2017 - PRESENT
Senior UX/UI Designer
- Designed and redesigned elements of websites and new pages to grow ROI for businesses.
- Developed test ideas for big-name B2B companies to test in design on their website.
- Audited websites for UX/UI design best practices and recommended updates.
Technologies: InVision, Sketch, Figma, Photoshop CC
2012 - 2017
Senior UX/UI Designer
- Designed web experiences for multiple companies from various industries, including premium lifestyle brands, education platforms, eCommerce, editorial, and technology.
- Aligned stakeholders at Pivotal, a large international tech company, under one brand by establishing a unified aesthetic on their new website. Reached the goal of satisfying all stakeholders and communicating the company story through numerous discussions, interviewing, storytelling, and design.
- Developed an e-learning web application for Varsity Tutors.
- Created an editorial and eCommerce experience for Danielle LaPorte, a personal brand with a high-end aesthetic. Through rapid wireframing and prototyping, I was able to create a scalable system that was then layered with her highly aesthetic and emotive brand style. Site architecture, product positioning, and search were also key components that I iterated on in order to achieve a smooth experience for users.
- Attended Information architecture, product design, and experience mapping workshops and brought teachings back to the team.
Technologies: Axure, InVision, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, Web Design, User Interface (UI), Visual Design
2010 - 2012
Masters of Fine Arts Degree in Graphic Design
Savannah College of Art and Design - Savannah, GA, USA
2005 - 2009
Bachelor's Degree in Journalism
University of Texas - Austin, Texas, USA