Verified Expert in Design
Niall has worked in product design for over eight years. He started his career in architectural design before transitioning to product design and received degrees in computer science and digital marketing, and a master's in interaction design along the way. He has delivered products for industry leaders Verizon Connect, NHS, Tradeling, and CAFU, to name a few. Niall specializes in rapid prototyping and delivering functional prototypes that allow companies to quickly go to market.
Car Wash App
B2B | eCommerce Checkout Experience
Senior Product Designer
- Designed a fully responsive B2B fuel management solution that gives businesses detailed insights into their fleet's fuel consumption, fuel order history, and current market trends.
- Digitized a solution that allowed businesses to reduce considerable operational costs while receiving meaningful insights and data on their fleet's fuel consumption.
- Built a design system that acted as the building block of all the web-based company products.
- Enhanced SaaS onboarding via funnel personalization for B2B- and B2C-minded users, boosting conversion by 5%.
- Performed a UX audit of the existing website designs, analyzed their flows, and improved the UX and UI, taking the experience to a new level.
- Improved product display pages for a vast catalog of products with varying amounts of information and technical data, enhancing conversion rates by making it easier for users to understand the products quickly.
- Introduced a new information architecture, allowing users to quickly sign up, onboard, and move through the platform to see the website's value and begin making purchases promptly.
- Helped build the current brand identity and internal design system, including typography, colors, tone of voice, and components.
- Designed a car park web app for building residents to manage parking spots, request car washes, and other services.
- Enabled the team to create revenue with smart parking for apartments, where the admin can assign, track, and verify resident vehicles within the building.
- Created click-through prototypes for both the resident and admin sides, allowing founders to quickly demo to investors.
- Reviewed and audited specific screens from the client's website and web app and provided feedback and support to improve the overall information architecture and user flows.
- Helped build the current brand identity and internal design system, including typography, colors, copy, and components.
- Collaborated with PMs and the tech team to create user flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity designs for two key personas.
- Designed a web app CRM for admins to better manage staff and orders for an eco-friendly car wash service.
- Built the design of a partnering mobile application for car wash employees to track their orders, report problems, and monitor their earnings.
- Created user flows and click-through prototypes for both the admin CRM and employee-facing mobile application.
Senior UI/UX Designer
Cross Digital Ltd
- Designed a web app that delivers all personalized care needs in one place, ensuring the individual's journey with care is easy, safe, and community-based.
- Worked with the founders and CTO to create user flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity designs for two key personas.
- Created user-testing script and prototypes for usability tests with both persona testing groups in mind.
Lead Product Designer
- Led responsive designs for the Tradeling website team, including an overhaul of the homepage, category landing, and product display pages, leading to an increase in lead generation to our marketplace and an increase in conversion rate.
- Designed and implemented a shopping list that helped reduce the cart abandonment rate by 13%.
- Mentored and managed a junior designer and helped define the internal design guidelines and best practices.
User Experience Designer
- Led designers in a cross-functional team for the Reveal Locator native app and the map app.
- Implemented a new mobile strategy, increasing the number of daily active users from 115 to 2,800 and in-app visit time from one minute to three minutes.
- Drove the app to the sixteenth position in the app store with a rating of 4.2 and 4.7 on the Play Store.
Mobile UX/UI Designer
- Acted as a lead designer for the emergency department app for Musgrove Park Hospital. Shortlisted by the Irish UX Awards for outstanding UX in Ireland’s B2C health and lifestyle industries.
- Increased the speed and recording of medical observations by approximately 80%, helping create more opportunities for patients and doctors to spend time together.
- Spearheaded the design of the clinician summary web application, acute medical admission application, and the outpatient desktop application.
The Union of Students
- Managed a cross-functional 11-member team as they delivered 80+ class rep training programs to 23 universities across Ireland, leading to a 79% increase in the program from the previous year.
- Structured and performed analysis and primary research that revealed issues with retention rates and generated insights about project efficacy, leading to an increase in web traffic by 36% and Twitter followers by 20% over six months.
- Built and maintained NStEP’s website and created student training content.
- Played a key role in ensuring a strong public profile and effective public engagement for NStEP's multifaceted work through media, PR, and the implementation of effective communications and marketing strategies.
Bachelor's Degree in Digital Marketing
Dublin Business School - Dublin, Ireland
Master's Degree in Interaction Design
Technological University of Ireland - Dublin, Ireland
Foundation Degree in Computer Science
Ulster University - Belfast, Northern Ireland
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Architecture
Ulster University - Belfast, Northern Ireland
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring