San Francisco, CA, United States
Member since December 6, 2015
Nicholas is a designer currently residing in San Francisco who enjoys working with fresh ideas, various media, and clean user-interfaces. He is currently available for part-time freelance opportunities.
- Product Designer2014 - PRESENTBasicOps
Technologies: Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Designed a real time collaborative project and task management platform.
- Performed usability testing with numerous Beta customers.
- Responsible for all visual and interaction design elements.
- Worked closely with a digital branding agency to help develop the company's brand.
- Helped onboard Beta customers for the platform.
- Interaction Designer2013 - 2016One Kings Lane
Technologies: Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe In Design, Adobe Illustrator
- Redesigned the UI for the entire checkout experience.
- Worked with a very talented team of visual and interaction designers.
- Redesigned the UI for the website's registration wall.
- Led the effort to move to a responsive design framework across the entire website.
- Designed an auto complete experience to help guide searches in the right direction.
- Interaction Designer2012 - 2013Jobvite
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign
- Contributed to the redesign of the Jobvite Hire applicant tracking system platform with a focus on workflow and administration.
- Created high-fidelity wireframe templates for use across the entire product.
- Performed user research to influence the redesign.
- Collaborated very closely with product, design, and engineering teams.
- Designed an innovative platform to schedule interviews.
- Interaction Design Consultant2010 - 2012Microsoft
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Showcased experiences for new Microsoft products such as Windows 8, Hotmail Active Views, pinned sites, and Messenger Connect to Microsoft partners.
- Designed websites for Messenger Connect Showcase, HTML5 Browser Experiments, and Artists for Haiti.
- Collaborated with Windows 8 product, design and engineering teams.
- Helped develop and evolve the Windows 8 Metro brand direction.
- Created multiple PowerPoint pitch decks for demoing to Microsoft partners.
- Visual and Interaction Designer2007 - 2010Myspace
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash
- Helped redesign Myspace as part of the User Experience Design team.
- Designed for the communications, music, video, and content verticals.
- Created interactive prototypes for usability testing and presentations.
- Worked on both visual as well interactive designs.
- Designed marketing profile pages for brands such as Coca-Cola, Stride Gum, Buckleys, Jackass, and many others.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Visual Design and Web Media2001 - 2005Ferris State University - Big Rapids, Michigan (USA)