Verified Expert in Design
Nico is a senior product designer with over ten years of industry expertise in user experience. He excels in UI, visual design, user research, and UX strategies and has delivered high-visibility and use products, such as a mobile banking ecosystem, a popular money transfer site, and a recycling app. Adept at balancing user needs and business impact, Nico's products are used in the financial, telecommunications, health, eCommerce, and startup industries.
Senior Product Designer
- Defined the foundations of the new design system, the new design process, and the design operation.
- Led and guided other product designers solving issues, setting up flows, defined new functionalities, and created interfaces. all within the product cycle.
- Defined a user-centered design process, incorporating user research and user testing.
UX Consulting Designer
- Served as the UX designer on a strategic consulting team with a focus on financial services projects.
- Involved in the discovery, ideation, and execution of projects.
- Participated in user and stakeholder interviews, the definition of personas, empathy maps, user journeys, and user testing.
Lead UI Designer
- Led the user interface in an agile squad. Designed experiences for both the public and private website,.
- Executed guerrilla user testing at every sprint and built the foundations of a new atomic design system.
- Placed in charge of presenting the work of the UX team to the development team.
- Defined the experience of a native iOS, Android APP and a SaaS platform.
- Performed in an agile squad with members from all over the world.
- Served as the visual designer generating consistency between the digital product and the visual identity.
- Founded and project managed the 11th round of Start-up Chile.
- Oversaw the product, which was a platform of questions and answers managed from a SaaS solution delivering educational content through iOS and Android apps.
- Participated in the Chilean entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Redesigned the eCommerce site of Puntoticket, the largest ticket company in Chile.
- Covered information architecture and user interface design. Delivered the product in a scalable design system.
- Held close relationships with stakeholders to acquire the necessary requirements for the redesign.
Head of Design
- Served as head of design in a development company that built iOS and Android mobile apps for start-ups.
- Led the end-to-end design with branding, information architecture, user interface design, prototyping, and deliverables for the development team.
- Built solid ties of trust with start-up customers.
Bachelor's Degree in Art Direction, Creativity, Marketing
Universidad de Pacifico - Santiago, Chile
User Research Methods and Best Practices
The Interaction Design Foundation
Usability and User Experience
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile