Verified Expert in Design
Patrick is a designer, storyteller, and problem solver with decades of agency and product experience, including two years as the director of UX at kbs+. As a full-stack UX designer, he studies behavior to understand intent and transform it into useful, usable, and meaningful experiences. That means researching customer needs and business objectives, synthesizing data- and insight-driven solutions, and iteratively designing and validating those solutions at increasing levels of fidelity.
Wayforward | Self-guided Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Publicis Groupe | AI-Powered Connectivity Platform
Eisenhower Memorial | Rich Media Educational Storytelling
Experience Strategist | UX Designer
- Led user research, experience strategy, user flows, wireframing, and prototyping for agencies and startups like Sapient_Razorfish, Code & Theory, and Gilt.
- Managed and mentored teams of UX and visual designers, content strategists, and copywriters.
- Worked on key projects including Marcel, an AI-driven conversational UI platform for Publicis Groupe; a responsive eCommerce site for Motel6; interactive TV concept for Panasonic; and web experience for the Eisenhower Memorial in Washington, DC.
Director, UX Design
- Managed and mentored a team of eight full-time UX designers and multiple freelancers.
- Restructured UX design methodology to create a process that was user-centered, lean, and insight-data-driven. Collaborated with discipline leads from across the organization to evangelize and implement this new approach.
- Led multidisciplinary teams of designers, developers, and strategists on projects for major technology, automotive, and CPG clients.
- Developed a suite of tools that helps teams define and execute their strategic goals as one of two interaction designers in the digital products group.
- Worked directly with SYP leadership to define product vision and strategy and to translate the essence and personality of SYP into its first digital product.
- Interviewed and collaborated with senior innovation and business transformation consultants to translate their analog processes and tools into a digital experience.
- Collaborated with another interaction designer, visual designer, and developer on system design, UX/UI design, prototyping, and user testing.
Senior UX Designer
- Led the UX design of websites, applications, and other interactive experiences.
- Planned and conducted quantitative and qualitative research.
- Guided the design process from conceptualizing through wireframes and. screen flows, to prototyping and testing.
- Managed day-to-day client relationships and expectations.
- Managed and mentored junior designers.
- Contributed to internal and external thought leadership initiatives.
Master of Professional Studies Degree in Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP)
New York University - New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts Degree in History, English
University of Virginia - Charlottesville, VA