Verified Expert in Design
An experienced visual and motion designer, Rachel is passionate about telling powerful stories through design. She loves working with motion to further a design narrative and communicate in exciting new ways while maintaining a strong design foundation. Rachel designed the UI and information architecture for Focals, the world's first pair of smart glasses that look and function like real glasses. She has worked in various industries, including healthtech, sports, pharmaceutical, and media.
Social Media Posts
Visual & Motion Designer
- Provided solutions to multiple visual challenges and abstract ideas through design, illustration, and motion design.
- Defined illustration styles to storyboarding and producing short videos, adapting to client requests and feedback, exceeding expectations.
- Created high-quality motion designs for web, user interfaces, or cinema, matching voice overs, sound design, and any other audio.
Senior Interaction Designer
- Joined Google’s augmented reality team as a senior interaction designer. Completed work on both the interaction and visual design teams after North was acquired by Google in June of 2020.
- Collaborated with project managers and other UX designers on personal and team-related objectives and key results.
- Documented concepts and shared projects in various stages with stakeholders, managers, and coworkers.
- Created complex prototypes for user studies and meetings with critical decision points.
- Collaborated with the UX team in defining the visual language for the user interface on Focals' smart glasses.
- Owned visual direction, and created and maintained the product’s style guide to capture design decisions for both UX and software engineers.
- Conceptualized and produced interface visuals and motion designs.
- Facilitated design sprints to define a holistic information architecture for Focals to create delightful experiences and make the best use of its form factor.
Freelance Graphic Designer
- Communicated directly with clients to turn their marketing ideas into pixel-perfect interactive websites, their company ideals into great logos, and other digital and non-digital communications into beautiful and carefully-crafted visuals.
- Communicated and collaborated with clients in various industries from businesses both large and small.
Junior Graphic Designer
- Collaborated with the agency’s creative director on design projects in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Created packaging concepts and prepped finalized projects for print.
- Worked alongside other designers on various branding projects and and e-learning tools.
Diploma in Graphic Design
Conestoga College - Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Certificate in Art Fundamentals
Sheridan College - Oakville, Ontario, Canada
School of Motion
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring