Verified Expert in Design
As an experienced designer, Rachel builds products from ideation to launch and seamlessly integrates the brand across the customer journey. Her visual designs are creative and bold and her feedback systems are formulated with best practices in logic, ux, design systems and accessibility. For the past two decades, she’s implemented product innovation and met the business goals of organizations across a broad range of industries.
New York Post
- Designed and launched the NY Post Sports + membership program.
- Segmented the five users and built the wireframes for each user's flows. Worked with visual design to ensure consistency and accessibility.
- Successfully added 75,000 Sports+ users in the first six months.
- Worked with third-party vendors for the membership products such as commenting, payment, events and text messaging.
- Continued testing and updates based on customer service, data, and overall trends.
Global Product Designer
News Corp HQ
- Created innovative, digital products based on the data from the News Corp brands worldwide.
- Rebranded and created the new brand guide for the corporate News Corp brand for all internal and external communications.
- Built internal digital products to streamline HR and employees, as well as employee knowledge sharing.
- Optimized news articles across the web with an SEO tool for editors.
- Created presentation decks for board members and pitch decks for innovation.
Product Design Director
- Interviewed and analyzed user research to implement solutions for features.
- Strategized user flows for quick eCommerce payments.
- Created user flows and layouts for onboarding, bidding, booking, and payment.
- Provided accessible design and feedback system.
- Built a component design library.
- Provided branding, marketing, art, and design for consistency and aesthetics.
- Hired and managed designers, setting process and workflow for design sprints.
Lead ACD, UX/UI Designer
- Segmented a marketing site for patients interested in immunotherapy.
- Led UX research, content, and competitive audits and tech specifications.
- Designed user testing prototypes based on persona research and analytics.
- Customized CMS content modules with variable fields for segmentation.
- Created the UI visual design system and worked with the dev team for a successful launch.
- Implemented process and server structure as well as mentored and inspired designers.
- Created an edtech lab notebook for digital assignments.
- Crafted the admin panel user flow with required, optional, and pre-made fields.
- Designed the interface, navigational system, and functionality for sections.
- Executed the page tool WYSIWYG toolbar with our unique plugins for math and equation problems.
- Designed a Sketch Tool interface for drawings and annotations.
- Brainstormed solutions, ultimately building an annotations tool for locked pages.
- Worked directly with the dev team in live design sessions.
Senior UI/UX Designer
- Designed the interface and assisted in the UX for an iOS digital product that allowed doctors to track a patient’s health through interactive, hour-long, bi-yearly tests.
- Implemented a quick registration flow with colored text field indicators and predictive results.
- Reskinned provided tests and implemented a user flow for tutorials.
- Created a high contrast UI system, as well as button gradients and arrows for the colorblind and audio for the visually impaired.
- Redesigned the graphs in different formats with an empathetic color system for those with little improvement.
- Designed a dashboard with easy accessibility to longer data charts and a yearly result snapshot.
Senior AD, Interactive Designer
- Designed the UX and visual interface for a customizable virtual lens try-on tool web app and a responsive microsite.
- Integrated the brand campaign into the UI, visual design, and interactivity with animated scrolling parallax.
- Designed the user flow so the customer journey ends with an incentive to buy.
- Led the user flow and design for a two-phase release of a lens try-on tool. Created all interactions in a self-contained box so it could also be used on affiliate sites.
- Tested different languages, so the content-box sizes were appropriate for releases in worldwide markets.
Senior Digital Designer
- Rebranded and implemented the look and feel of this eCommerce online mall with over 200 brands.
- Updated incrementally within a content-managed system to the latest technical and design standards. A separate application drove the sales on mobile devices.
- Led the visual design with strong typography, bold colors, and branded photoshoots. Weekly creative homepages were deployed with a concept supported by bi-weekly emails and flash sales.
- Transformed the seasonal OSPMAG newsletter into a digital magazine highlighting trends, beauty tips, and inspirational pieces.
- Designed editorial pieces and marketing emails to highlight special sales and seasonal campaigns.
Digital Art Director, Freelance
- Worked with a team of designers to create the Priceless.com microsite.
- Brainstormed ways the user could connect with others around the world by uploading photos and sharing their experiences.
- Created the visual design and concepted art for the “Priceless” campaign.
Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications
University of Florida - Gainesville, FL