New York, NY, United States
Toptal Member Since
March 4, 2019
Roxanne has contributed to teams in a variety of roles throughout her professional history and now focuses on strategic design thinking, product design, UX/UI/IxD, and visual identity. In taking an unconventional path and learning to learn, she has gained valuable skills and confidence navigating and leading through uncertainty.
Roxanne is available for hireHire Roxanne
Slide Stories iOS App
iOS App DesignBrandingVisual IdentityProduct DesignUI DesignEntertainment & Leisure+ 4 more
Collabera Inc. iOS App
iOS App DesignProduct DesignVisual IdentityUX DesignUI DesignInteraction Design (IxD)+ 8 more
Uplift Humanity Website
Web DesignVisual IdentityBrandingVector IllustrationImage RetouchingQuality Assurance (QA)+ 7 more
Waggle.tv Web Platform
Mobile-first DesignPlatform DesignVisual IdentityWriting & EditingWeb DesignInformation Architecture (IA)+ 6 more
Cengage Unlimited e-Learning Service
User ResearchHuman-centered Design (HCD)Design ThinkingInformation Architecture (IA)UX DesignUI Design+ 6 more
Cengage Learning Inc. Website
2018 - 2018
Mobile Product and Visual Designer (Freelance)
Five Four Ventures
- Designed iOS app branding and visual identity for reading chat fiction stories for underrepresented women of color and LGBTQ individuals.
Technologies: Interaction Design (IxD), Product Design, iOS, Mobile, Art Direction, Visual Identity, Branding, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Information Architecture (IA), Design Thinking, Adobe Photoshop, InVision, Sketch
2017 - 2018
Lead UX/UI/Interaction Designer (Freelance)
Cengage Learning Inc.
- Led user research and design of new e-learning subscription service for signup/activation, onboarding, engagement in course dashboard, and checkout flows during the free trial period.
- Led user research and design of Cengage.com experience, content discovery, and engagement for 1.1 million instructors.
Technologies: E-learning, Dashboard Design, Web Design, Information Architecture (IA), Interaction Design (IxD), User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Usability Testing, User Research, Design Thinking, Validately, Optimal Workshop, Adobe Illustrator, InVision, Sketch
2016 - 2018
Web Product and Visual Designer (Freelance)
Waggle Ventures Inc.
- Designed MVP of Waggle.tv, a community-driven digital media platform (responsive website and platform) with 1.4+ million users sharing educational pet and animal content, incubated by Broadway Video Ventures (SNL, Jimmy Fallon) and backed by Raine and Lowercase Capital.
- Designed branding, HTML emails, and custom character illustration for Waggle.tv's newsletter series.
Technologies: Jira, Chrome Developer Tools, Procreate, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InVision, Sketch
2016 - 2017
Lead Web Product and Visual Designer (Freelance)
- Designed iOS app, branding, and visual identity for enterprise clients as PoC of an all-in-one platform for hiring talent just in time.
- Led product design and visual identity of job search platform and responsive website for a company that matches 15,000+ professionals to 250+ organizations worldwide.
Technologies: Chrome Developer Tools, Procreate, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InVision, Sketch
2016 - 2016
Web and Visual Designer (Freelance)
- Redesigned and rebranded website of a nonprofit that has educated 500+ incarcerated children across India.
Technologies: Chrome Developer Tools, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InVision, Sketch
2015 - 2016
Product Manager and UX Designer
- Led distributed product team in design and implementation of growth analytics infrastructure.
- Led user research and designed prototypes of website and web app to improve customer lifecycle and retention for web wireframing app used by 1.5+ million users.
Technologies: Analytics, Mixpanel, Intercom, Google Analytics, Chrome Developer Tools, Adobe Illustrator
2018 - 2018
Continuing Education in Machine Learning Literacy
School for Poetic Computation - New York
2015 - 2016
Continuing Education in Full-stack Software Engineering
Hack Reactor - Remote
2008 - 2012
Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial and Labor Relations
Cornell University - New York