Verified Expert in Design
Ruta is a creative and human-centered designer with two decades of experience working for agencies, startups, NGOs, and corporations. Creating thoughtful and meaningful experiences that help solve complex problems is her passion. Ruta aims to find a balance between business goals, user needs, and technical feasibility in all her projects and enjoys working on both the macro and micro levels of the customer journey.
Freelance | Ruh Design
- Consulted for corporations, startups, and design agencies in a range of industries and services: healthcare (Humana, Anthem), eCommerce (Walgreens), startups (GrowIt!), SaaS (GoSecure, Twilio, CrowdStrike), and education (UCLA).
- Designed a new mobile app to enable members of Medicaid to complete healthy activities and earn rewards; the client was Go365 for Humana Healthy Horizons.
- Created, for Walgreens, over-the-counter medicine concepts, led rewards points, product details enhancements, integrated search, and get-it-by-date experiences in partnership with UX, product managers, and visual designers.
- Designed a portal for garden shop owners to add and schedule a garden tour experience that incorporated art exhibits and monuments on the app and managed the garden tour experiences given by park district staff members.
- Designed a SaaS web portal for GoSecure that allows customers to see the value of GoSecure and support their security program by continually increasing their ability for visibility, analysis, correlation, and response.
UX Design Consultant
CrowdStrike - Main
- Moderated the research to validate the design solutions, did comparative testing, met with product groups to gather their design requirements, and looked at the use cases to extract patterns and similarities.
- Ran ideation workshops and discovery sessions to iterate on aggregated data view components. Worked with engineers, UI design, QA, and content writers to iterate on the experience based on research findings.
- Enhanced the workflow builder by allowing users to execute a task or sub-process repeatedly. Came up with analytics tags to measure the experience.
Senior UX Designer
- Researched and designed a text to speech experience for visually impaired users.
- Developed concepts, user flows, and wireframes for Redbox digital experiences.
- Created experiences for several initiatives such as the loyalty program, payment options and search experiences for mobile app, web, and kiosk.
UX and UI Design Lead
- Designed a parent engagement platform for parents to help connect with their child's digital experiences.
- Created a group gifting experience as a white label service.
- Designed a shared wallet experience that can be used by parents to allot money and set permissions for their child's game play.
- Collaborated with product managers, marketing team, and developers to come up with visual and interactive design solutions for JC Whitney, Inc., MySears, MyKmart, and Viewpoints community sites.
- Created interactive and visual experiences for Sears, Kmart, and mygofer websites.
Art Director | Designer
- Developed creative concepts and designed campaigns for clients like Peapod, U.S. Foodservice, OneAmerica Financial, and Dell | LTG.
- Integrated brand development, corporate identity, print collateral, and website design.
- Created multimedia experiences, animations, and corporate videos.
Master's Degree in Film, Video, and Animation
University of Illinois - Chicago, Illinois, USA
Master's Degree in Communication Design
National Institute of Design - Ahmedabad, India