San Francisco, CA, United States
Member since December 11, 2016
Ryan is a product designer with more than a decade of experience creating user-centered design solutions for a variety of companies including IDEO, Google, TiVo, and PNC Bank. He has worked across a variety of industries and form factors—from traditional mobile and web applications to UIs for fintech, healthcare, entertainment, and biotech hardware products.
- Product Designer | Developer | Art Director2016 - PRESENTFreelance
- Introduced user-centered design principles, practices, and processes to help establish design as a discipline in early-stage Bay Area startups.
- Designed and helped develop a collaborative SaaS for marketing teams.
- Led UI and UX design for a biotech laboratory hardware product.
- Provided UI and UX design services—user research, personas, journey maps, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes—for a number of Bay Area tech companies.
- Creative Director2012 - 2016Fan TV (acquired by TiVo)
Technologies: Sketch, Photoshop, InVision, Jira
- Shipped: iOS app, Android app, web app, tvOS app, conversational voice UI, Google and Fire TV apps, a UI for a custom set-top box hardware product, and public developer APIs.
- Built and managed a design team.
- Provided the design for four platforms (mobile, 10 foot, web, and tablet), as well as internal tools and marketing materials.
- Redesigned the internal processes and practices to establish a lean workflow, enabling a team of three-to-seven designers to provide work for 40+ engineers.
- Sole Proprietor2009 - 2011Pretty Clever
- Designed the UX and UI for numerous Chicago firms and agencies including IDEO, VSA Partners, and Juice Interactive; as well as the brand, identity, and web design for a number of Chicago small businesses.
- Senior UX/UI Designer2006 - 2010Juice Interactive
- Designed and developed the UX and UI for web, kiosk, and digital signage projects.
- Oversaw and managed contracted employees: reviewing code and design to ensure the integrity of the final deliverables.
- Sole Proprietor2005 - 2009Ryan Werth Design
- Created UI designs for clients ranging from IDEO to The J.M. Smucker Company.
- Lead Print and Web Designer | Developer2005 - 2005Attevo
- Designed and developed web applications.
- Designed marketing and branding materials.
- Front-end Designer and Developer2004 - 2005DigitalDay Creative Group
- Designed and developed websites for a number of clients, primarily CPG.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Visual Communication Design1998 - 2004Kent State University - Kent, OH, USA