New York, NY, United States
Member since February 9, 2016
Previously, Sascha worked at the New York Times and at Google's Creative Lab in New York as a web and interaction designer. After working on a retail and public opinion startup, he decided to start his own design practice. Sascha has also created Float, an iOS app that allows users to explore places through stories.
- Co-Founder and Creative Director2010 - 2011Caseable
Technologies: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Created the product's branding, collateral, and packaging.
- Established the requirements for on- and offline components of the web application.
- Designed the UX experience for a laptop bag customization tool.
- Designed and illustrated an artwork library for laptop bags.
- Set up a print production line and order workflow.
- Designer2009 - 2010Google Creative Lab
Technologies: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, HTML, CSS
- Worked on Chrome browser ad campaigns.
- Launched internal Google product campaigns.
- Illustrated icons for the internal Wiki.
- Created brand guidelines for Nexus One.
- Designed posters for Android.
- Designer2009 - 2009New York Times
Technologies: Photoshop, HTML, CSS
- Oversaw the entire NYTimes web site as part of a small design team.
- Created new modules for video players and breaking news headers and updated existing modules.
- Worked with journalists to design, establish requirements, and go through feedback for special projects.
- Updated the NYTimes iOS application's design.
- Created the mobile design for Palm Pre NYTimes.
- Collaborated with developers on various NYTimes websites and applications from the requirement stage through QA.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Visual Communication2005 - 2009Cooper Union - New York
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Communication Design2003 - 2005University of North Texas - Denton, Texas