Verified Expert in Design
Previously, Sascha worked at the New York Times and at Google's Creative Lab in New York as a web and interaction designer. After working on a retail and public opinion startup, he decided to start his own design practice. Sascha has also created Float, an iOS app that allows users to explore places through stories.
Co-Founder and Creative Director
- Created the product's branding, collateral, and packaging.
- Established the requirements for on- and offline components of the web application.
- Designed the UX experience for a laptop bag customization tool.
- Designed and illustrated an artwork library for laptop bags.
- Set up a print production line and order workflow.
Google Creative Lab
- Worked on Chrome browser ad campaigns.
- Launched internal Google product campaigns.
- Illustrated icons for the internal Wiki.
- Created brand guidelines for Nexus One.
- Designed posters for Android.
New York Times
- Oversaw the entire NYTimes web site as part of a small design team.
- Created new modules for video players and breaking news headers and updated existing modules.
- Worked with journalists to design, establish requirements, and go through feedback for special projects.
- Updated the NYTimes iOS application's design.
- Created the mobile design for Palm Pre NYTimes.
- Collaborated with developers on various NYTimes websites and applications from the requirement stage through QA.
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Visual Communication
Cooper Union - New York
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Communication Design
University of North Texas - Denton, Texas