Seattle, WA, United States
Member since April 18, 2018
Sena is a design leader with a passion for user experience design and usability. Her background as an interaction designer and an award-winning industrial designer specializing in professional electronic equipment have provided her with a strong foundation of successful user experience.
- Founder/UX-UI Designer2017 - PRESENTConnect Design
Technologies: Adobe XD, Sketch, Adobe Suite, Office Suite
- Designed the UX/UI for a handheld product for client.
- Delivered persona research, journey maps, wireframes of key workflows, visual design, wireframes with applied visual design, and style guide.
- Conducted formative usability evaluations for a medical device client.
- Delivered a usability engineering plan, task analysis, user error analysis, use/user requirements, evaluation plan/protocol, and final evaluation report.
- Conducted research for a client in the fitness industry, and gained better insight into users behaviors and motivations.
- Delivered a questionnaire to over 500 participants, then synthesized data to provide actionable feedback for the client.
- Helped product development teams, big and small, corporations and consultancies, design a product that addresses the users needs.
- Conducted research via in-home visits for a mixed reality client. Produced a final report highlighting wins and prioritizing opportunities for improvement.
- Principal User Interaction Designer2014 - 2017Physio Control (now part of Stryker)
Technologies: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, POP-APP, Balsamiq, Office suite
- Worked closely with the software engineering team to align on project deliverables.
- Generated concepts and prototypes to put in front of users.
- Drove toward building a body of evidence that supports the decisions and design direction, supporting the FDA process.
- Drove the user experience to align with marketing and business needs.
- Collaborated with marketing, clinical, human factors, industrial design, and systems all the way through the product development process.
- User Interaction Designer2013 - 2014Milwaukee Electric Tool
Technologies: Adobe Creative suite
- Managed outside contractors and drove schedule to hit key deliverable dates.
- Responsible for the UI for ‘new to world’ technology development.
- User Interaction Designer2001 - 2013Fluke Networks
Technologies: Adobe Creative Suite
- Worked closely with the software engineering team to ensure that the physical and interactive worlds were in harmony by creating a consistent and intuitive user interface across our entire product family.
- Drove the implementation of the design guidelines for our software team.
- Identified break--through concepts via personas, customer visits, and market test validation.
- Managed outside UI consultants for fresh perspectives and heavy lifting.
- Created UI wire-frames, user work flow maps, visual style guides, iconography, and evaluated product sounds. All of this combined with the physical product created a unified and world-class design experience.
- Senior Industrial Designer2000 - 2013Fluke Networks
Technologies: Alias, Adobe Creative Suite
- Explored, developed, and implemented of the Fluke Networks corporate design language and user experience, since our separation from the Fluke Corporation. My work focused on strengthening and preserving our position as the leader in network test equipment manufacturing.
- Served as the design lead on our new platform products, a major strategic investment in both industrial design and user experience, responsible for implementing cutting edge technology in the test and measurement field into word class modular platform.
- Worked closely with all teams within the product development process, from marketing through to quality control, to ensure design integrity is maintained in production both domestically and overseas.
- Managed domestic and overseas design groups to ensure our design intent was met and maintained every time.
- Oversaw the rebranding of new acquisitions to continue and strengthen the brand language.
- Tested and validated designs against Fluke Networks’ standards of excellence at each step, resulting in a rich and robust product experience for our customers. All of this directly contributed to Fluke Network’s bottom line.
- Industrial Designer1997 - 2001Fluke Corporation
Technologies: Alias, Adobe Creative Suite
- Designed handheld electronic test equipment for a global customer base.
- Headed all phases of industrial design from initial concept development, design refinement, prototype evaluation, and final production.
- Collaborated with engineering and production to ensure that the design integrity was maintained throughout the development process.
- Worked closely with the user interaction team, and conducted rudimentary paper UI scenarios to validate the approach and drive software development.
- Collaborated with product planners to validate design concepts with potential and existing customers through global focus group studies in North America, Europe and Asia.
- Industrial Designer1995 - 1997Icon Health and Fitness
Technologies: Adobe Illustrator, CadKey
- Designed product lines for the world's largest manufacturer of consumer fitness equipment (at the time).
- Oversaw creative problem solving, conceptual development, design refinement, model making, prototype assembly, and CAD implementation to quickly develop seasonal lines of product.
- Retail demands and opportunities drove our development cycles and created a fast paced and exciting work environment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Design1989 - 1995Western Washington University - Bellingham, WA, USA