Verified Expert in Design
Shilpi is a UX/UI designer with 7+ years of industry experience spanning eCommerce, manufacturing, luxury goods, and consumer goods industries. She has successfully led projects of all sizes, from web design to product, branding, and system design. Shilpi strives to create digital experiences that empower people and solve real-world problems aligned to business goals. She is driven by tight deadlines and limitless creativity.
Smart Bracelet for Child Security
Enhanced User Engagement for eCommerce
- Improved the internal pilot app, Smart Design, to become an external tool for lead generation.
- Helped customers understand their interior design needs and arrive at a projected cost estimate.
- Contributed to the value proposition statement.
- Created user research, competitive research, and proto-personas.
- Developed a solution for mothers to protect their children (under 6 years old) from sexual abuse in India.
- Designed a handheld device for children supported with an app "Peppa GoWhere" to be controlled by mothers.
- Led the user research, creating personas, detailed customer journey, arriving feature mapping and user ﬂow, sitemap, user testing, and high ﬁdelity prototype.
- Did gorilla user testing for observing the users perform a task.
Senior Experience Designer
Greenlam Laminates Pte Ltd
- Led digital marketing throughout the APAC region (Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand).
- Created physical mood boards, social media content, photography, collaborate with sales and marketing for digital brand positioning, coordinate & guide the different marketing teams in different countries.
- Suggested changes to their existing website based on heuristic evaluation and coordinated with the IT team for implementation.
- Handled collateral, design, and interior set up strategy and sourcing materials.
- Managed numerous social media platforms, including Fb, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and houzz in order to generate brand awareness and build experience, for all the ofﬁce across APAC region.
Freelancer UX/ Graphic Design
- Designed logos, websites, branding materials, and various social media content for multiple clients. The majority of this work was completed remotely and within the scheduled time.
- Instituted particular (own) handmade herbal products brand by participating in various exhibitions.
- Accomplished an extensive assortment of cross-media projects, including branding, illustrations and UI design for startups.
IIa Technologies Pte Ltd
- Initiated and introduced the UX process of building a website and its interaction and creating an intuitive and immersive website as a team. Led the team by training and involving the whole team (novice to UX process) including the CEO through the right process (ideas, keywords, website concept, design, and core basics of the project). Collaborated with marketing and design agencies for user research for the US market.
- Helped to reshape the "Pure Grown Diamond" website through the agile UX process–desktop research and deﬁning proto personas.
- Successfully delivered a minimalist yet interactive website for a luxury lifestyle brand while also giving it a luxury treatment through research, ideation, detailed design, and delivery with an emphasis on rapid prototyping, frequent validation with end-users and creatively approaching constraints. Followed the basic steps of strategy, scope, structure, skeleton, and surface design.
- Led the branding and marketing for the brand’s physical store.
- Created packaging design for the brand.
- Coordinated with vendors.
- Managed end-to-end brand awareness and external communications.
- Created an impact by designing and testing data visualization.
Interaction Designer Consultant
Niche Media Channel
- Reviewed their website and provided design solutions to solve user needs and business challenges through user research, information architecture, interaction design, and prototyping.
- Recreated landing page and signup process making it responsive to increase the no. of signups.
- Designed mobile app and pitched it to the director and project team for execution.
- Worked on internal forums for an eCommerce platform to improve the process and increase eﬃciency in solving user problems.
- Headed user research and wireframing with competitive analysis, information architecture, user testing, and low ﬁdelity wireframes.
- Led head-to-toe UX efforts from user research, competitive analysis, user scenario study, Information Architecture, wireframes, visual, interaction, to user testing.
- Encouraged and involved the entire ofﬁce to take part in brainstorming sessions. Tagged along with delivery guys for my user research and ﬁeld study, and conducted user interviews resulting in Internal forums for an eCommerce brand to fast process and increase efﬁciency in solving the user problems.
Master's Degree in Information and Interface Design
National Institute of Design (NID) - India
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering in Information Technology
PUNE UNIVERSITY - India
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring