Verified Expert in Design
Si Maclennan is a designer living in Cape Town, South Africa. He has extensive experience working alongside international brands and publications across various disciplines in the creative field. Si primarily works in brand development, visual design, interactive media, and illustration. Vibrant, geometric compositions mark his work, and he has an eye for meticulous detail in design.
Owner | Designer
Si Maclennan Studio
- Owned and ran a successful independent freelance business for 10+ years.
- Developed lasting relationships with many brands and agencies, working closely with marketing teams and business owners to achieve goals.
- Worked on a wide range of digital projects, ranging from brochure websites to web3 applications.
- Gained extensive technical production experience in print media and branding.
Partner | Head of Design
- Founded Highbrow, a cannabis branding and design consultancy.
- Oversaw and was responsible for the brand strategy, corporate branding, website design, marketing strategy development, and performance media strategy.
- Worked with leaders in the medical cannabis industry to bring direct-to-consumer products to life in the emerging African market.
Partner | Creative Director | Head of Design
- Oversaw and was ras responsible for the entire creative output of the agency during my tenure as creative director.
- Worked closely with clients across a range of industries to develop integrated marketing campaigns across digital and traditional media.
- Became familiar with a broad range of technologies by working closely with a team of highly skilled software and web developers to bring creative ideas to life.
- Managed and was responsible for the agency's internal positioning, strategy, and marketing activities.
- Received extensive executive training and gained valuable experience in interpersonal management.
Digital Art Director
- Joined the Hellocomputer team as an intern and moved up the ranks to mid-level digital art director.
- Worked on a broad range of digital technology, including Flash applications, Unity Games Engines, and interactive HTML experiences.
- Became the second awarded digital art director in South Africa in 2013.
- Contributed designs that helped HelloComputer to win agency of the year in 2012.
Advanced Diploma in Multimedia Design and Production
CityVarsity — School of Media Studies and Creative Arts College - Cape Town, South Africa