Verified Expert in Design
Socrates is an NN/g-certified UX/UI designer who's comfortable in both agency and in-house roles and a staunch proponent of user-centered design. Socrates has worked on app projects ranging from the web to mobile and desktop. His work with digital products begins with in-depth research and conceptualization to marketing and full product release and upkeep.
Workflow Orchestration Platform Designed for Quantum and HPC
Native Desktop Application | Livedrive Cloud Storage
Beau Monde Air
Lead Product Designer
- Built a design system with UX guidelines and branded UI components to drive branding and user experience consistency, which is currently used in the web and iOS applications.
- Collaborated closely with customer success and product teams to collect user insights, perform user testing, and collect data. These insights helped drive new decisions on features and improved user efficiency across all product touchpoints.
- Performed workshops with the product team to optimize our product development processes from conception to release, leading to better, more organized development sprints and quality assurance with each product release.
Lead Product Design Consultant
- Conducted a comprehensive audit of the platform's user experience (UX) and user interface (UI), meticulously evaluating its usability, visual appeal, and overall effectiveness.
- Leveraged the insights gained from the audit to identify and prioritize key areas for improvement, collaboratively developing a roadmap for new initiatives and features in close partnership with product owners and project managers.
- Undertook a thorough discovery, research, and design process to create a brand-new platform for Ki, ensuring a deep understanding of user needs and pain points to inform the development of user-centered solutions.
- Employed a design thinking approach, integrating user feedback and iterative testing, to continually enhance the platform's core features, fostering an environment of constant improvement and innovation.
Lead Product Designer
- Developed the user experience and interface for Covalent, a platform that leverages quantum computing to manage, deploy, and scale workloads.
- Collaborated with the product team to identify pain points and improve user journeys through workshops.
- Built a balanced UI to meet user needs and platform requirements.
- Created a design system that provides consistency across the platform, making it easier for users to navigate and understand.
- Collaborated with developers to ensure successful implementation.
Principal Product Designer
- Led the restructuring of the design system and developed design handoff and QA capabilities between design and engineering.
- Gathered business requirements and collaborated with my team to conduct user research and usability testing to deepen our understanding of customer needs.
- Built several key business features through iterative design thinking methods, including user research, prototyping, and a full product feature launch and support.
Senior Product Designer
- Assisted in bringing to life revolutionary tax technology solutions through a human-centric approach.
- Contributed to the design and building of a digital tax platform.
- Utilized rapid prototyping and design thinking to bring ideas to life at internal and external client workshops.
- Collaborated with customers and team members to create an outstanding user experience.
- Researched and evaluated UI/UX solutions continuously.
- Coached and encouraged colleagues through constant learning to improve their skills.
- Enhanced Livedrive's usability across multiple platforms and products.
- Created a UX-oriented culture and introduced user research.
- Designed both web and native (iOS/Android and macOS/Windows) applications.
- Held all-inclusive UX workshops and led development teams through multiple stories and projects.
- Developed a design system and core brand guidelines to improve consistency among multiplatform products.
- Performed user research and user testing to test, iterate and make suggestions for future implementations and improvements.
- Implemented several design improvements on the UI of the Upliftr web application based on the data collected.
- Designed the content and mockups for the Upliftr product website.
- Provided usability solutions to collect, analyze, and follow up on user feedback.
- Created unique assets based on research, such as Lean UX Canvas and UX personas to dictate company direction towards the UX.
- Conducted prioritization workshops to enhance the developer team's Agile board.
We Got POP
- Provided extensive user experience research for POP’s new online desktop application.
- Designed parts of the UI and the web app and performed several UX improvements on the search feature.
- Worked with multiple stakeholders in a startup environment supporting our product, UI, and design operations.
Senior Web Designer
- Managed an array of medium-to-small businesses, from brief to full design and web development.
- Created responsive designs for a range of different industries across the UK, including major construction companies and B2B businesses.
- Fully developed, tested, and released responsive web projects following the latest technologies and web standards.
Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design
De Montfort University - Leicester, England
Boston Consulting Group
Design Strategy: Design Thinking for Business Strategy and Entrepreneurship
University of Sydney
NN/g UX Certification
Nielsen Norman Group
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring