Verified Expert in Design
Stacy is a user experience designer with a diverse background in computer science, user-centered design, and scientific illustrations. She enjoys the iterative cycles of a design project from concept, wireframing, prototyping and research, to visual design. Her diverse background and experience allow her to solve complex design problems, put them into production, and see them through to a finished product.
Sit Set Digital
- Created the UX/UI designs for K2, Literally Media, Skipit, Project Ambrosia, and MSN.
- Designed websites for notable clients such as Within Reach Washington, and Global Partnership.
- Developed and designed websites for: Center for Employment Opportunities, La Escuelita Bilingual School, CHANGE Philanthropy, and Dylan's Candy Bar.
- Crafted print designs for Code.org, Linksbridge, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Cascade Bicycle Club, and Microsoft.
- Created the branding for Code.org, Forest Stewardship Network, Metro Structure, and Stone Consulting.
Senior UX Designer
US Dept of Veterans Affairs (Ad Hoc LLC)
- Worked on Vets.gov, a platform that enables Veterans to discover, apply for, track, and manage the benefits they’ve earned in a single unified digital experience.
- Partnered with US Digital Services employees to work with VA stakeholders on launching features that have the most impact on Veterans.
- Designed and launched healthcare and education benefits.
- Conducted veteran interviews to validate designs.
Senior UX Architect
Sears Home Services
- Worked as the UX designer on the new online appointment scheduler that increased the overall conversion rate for the business.
- Developed consumer-facing advanced diagnostic tools to help customers troubleshoot and diagnose appliances.
- Made improvements to the Sears Home Services' internal tools to help call center agents increase their performance.
- Implemented the Sears Home Services digital experience overhaul.
- Designed the brand new native iOS app for technicians to manage their day-to-day operations.
- Worked as the sole stakeholder from the UX team overseeing the Hibu template design and implementation.
- Helped manage offshore design studios to raise the design standards.
- Redesigned the UK online channels: Yell and Yell Business.
- Designed the customer dashboard and mobile scraper tool.
- Redesigned the custom website builder tool.
Certificate in Natural Science Illustration
University of Washington - Seattle, WA, USA
Master's Degree in Architecture
University of Oregon - Eugene, OR, USA