Verified Expert in Design
Stephen designs brands, software applications, and IoT hardware solutions in Austin. His variety of experience comes from founding and running a design and PR agency and also launching two tech startups – one a consumer interactive video app and the other data-driven solutions for airports and airlines. Stephen is a team player, eagerly takes on responsibility, and is always up for doing things differently and breaking the mold.
Vice President of Product Management
- Worked directly with airports and airlines to develop understandings of their needs for passenger motion analytics and transferred that knowledge into our product offerings.
- Designed new UI/UX for software products that assisted in improving operations for airports and airlines.
- Managed multi-month enterprise projects to ensure high-quality product delivery.
- Maintained, nurtured, and grew customer relationships.
- Managed the development and release of an enterprise travel data API offering.
- Designed decks that communicated product value to executive-level stakeholders at new and existing corporate customers.
Founder, Director of Branding
- Took a calculated risk and quit my job to start this design and public relations agency.
- Became a Squarespace specialist to better serve clients and rapidly design and develop websites.
- Developed a full client roster and were hiring employees in the first year.
- Developed a team over the next 2+ years to design brands, websites, and other materials for Fortune 100 companies, trendy local restaurants in Austin, and pro bono work for nonprofits.
- Acquired new business and managed new and ongoing client relationships.
Vice President of Product
- Designed Plot's brand logo.
- Designed complete web application for top airport personnel to view real-time, predictive, and historical data about passenger movement in airport facilities.
- Designed complete web application for airline personnel to view real-time, predictive, and historical data about customer movement in their check-in areas.
- Tested and selected pedestrian and vehicle movement sensor technology.
- Designed sensor systems for airports and airlines based on their data consumption requirements.
- Worked with airport and airline IT and facilities teams to plan networking requirements for their facilities.
- Conducted installations of integrated sensor systems in 15 airports and counting.
- Managed the relationship between Plot and airport/airline customers to ensure customer success.
- Designed, built prototypes, and presented new software ideas to top airport and airline personnel.
- Presented in-person sales presentations to groups of airport executives.
- Designed and wrote content for decks that present new product offerings to new and existing customers.
- Wrote responses to RFPs from 3 major airports and either won or reached final round.
- Wrote applications to the DHS Silicon Valley Innovation Program and the NYC MTA Transit Tech Lab and reached final rounds (still in progress).
Co-founder, Chief Product Officer
- Designed complete brand and usage guidelines for consumer social media brand.
- Conducted extensive user research and interviewing.
- Developed product strategy with a team of 5 veteran entrepreneurs.
- Designed complete mobile product from start to finish.
- Hired (and fired) Swift and Objective-C developers – both individuals and teams.
- Managed front- and back-end mobile development team of 3-5 people, both remote and in-house, to develop and launch a mobile product to the iOS App Store.
- Designed and developed a marketing website and promotional materials for Videotape brand.
- Worked with an IP attorney on a provisional patent for the technology.
- Planned and executed user acquisition tactics (events, online contests, etc.).
- Secured partnership with ESPN Events and executed large-scale events, supporting them during U.S. college football bowl games.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Advertising with a minor in Marketing
Ball State University - Indiana