Verified Expert in Design
Tyler is passionate about solving challenging problems. As a designer with an entrepreneurial drive, he loves to think about the challenge and solve it in multiple ways to get to the ideal solution. His experience as a creative director and digital product designer has enabled him to craft his vision for many Fortune 500 companies. From mobile and web application design, undisclosed augmented reality devices to virtual experiences, Tyler is comfortable with everything thrown his way.
- Led digital transformation initiatives by leveraging and designing virtual and mixed reality experiences that increased industry efficiencies by 90%.
- Built various identity brand guidelines and design management systems for different product offerings.
- Created storyboards and user journeys to help showcase and visualize different experiences before building, providing confidence to multiple clients.
Finger Food Studios
- Designed a mixed reality visualization tool that disrupted the energy industry.
- Led and designed the new backbone of the global financial system with a major banking powerhouse.
- Designed and developed new processes and workflows to maximize efficiencies company-wide.
Lead UX Designer
- Implemented an innovative design style that Netgear adopted across their core product lines.
- Redesigned flagship products such as Nighthawk, ReadyNAS, and Orbi to provide a more user-centric experience.
- Introduced rapid prototype development that proved or disproved ideas quickly and effectively, saving substantial development costs.
ByePass Security Management, Ltd.
- Released a stable MVP of the product into the app store with a bare-bones team.
- Maintained scope, budget, and timeline to effectively lead the vision of the product.
- Developed and implemented strategic roadmaps to ensure continuous progress and achievements.
Senior UX/UI Designer
- Designed and developed the market's first socially interactive digital advertising display, including hardware product and platform design.
- Led the product vision by maintaining scope, budget, and timeline.
- Created multiple successful advertising campaigns, increasing traffic to client locations.
- Built the Openhwy brand, creating marketing and website material.
- Designed custom WordPress themes for clients. Designs were seen and used by over 14 million viewers.
- Built brand identity guides, including color, typography, language, tone, and logos.
- Designed responsive themes that reflected the company's forward-thinking abilities.
Diploma in Graphic Design
Vancouver Institute of Media Arts - Vancouver