Verified Expert in Design
Tyler is an international award-winning designer specializing in UX/UI and brand identity design. He has experience working with major Fortune 500 companies all the way down to small locally owned businesses. No matter the project, he approaches design problems creatively to come up with unique solutions to each client's needs.
UX/UI Course Mentor
- Mentored students in a course on UX/UI.
Lead UX/UI Designer
- Led the UX/UI design of Adbank's platform.
- Led supplemental talent leveraged to support the UI.
- Supported the technical lead in bringing design-led development into the Adbank development workflow.
- Was in charge of creative direction, marketing materials, and website designs.
Call Catch Pro
- Designed a responsive web app that allows users to blast out incoming phone leads, record calls, and track marketing efforts.
- Created a unique brand identity and marketing materials.
- Designed multiple versions of the company website that helped illustrate the company's values to the end users.
- Designed a responsive web app that monitored establishment throughput by harnessing data from IoT devices and hardware.
- Ran design thinking workshops with the team to distill the end user's needs from their concept.
- Hand-sketched and then wireframed an initial MVP.
- Designed a prototype and worked with the development team during implementation.
- Led design thinking workshops with the core Chronically Simple team to distill the end user needs from their concept.
- Designed the UX of both the native iOS and Android apps and the web app, including an InVision prototype used to help secure the necessary seed investment to get the product to market.
- Supported the development team in the implementation of the design and modified specifications as required.
Lead UX/UI Designer and Creative Director
Osk Systems International
- Helped bring a brand new and innovative cloud-based telecom software solution to market. I used my experience with design thinking methodologies to educate the entire team on the benefits of design-led development and successfully integrated design and design thinking into an Agile workflow.
- Created a variety of design thinking assets, wireframes, visual mockups, and clickthrough prototypes. I also delivered the designs with specifications for implementation across all responsive screen sizes.
- Built the brand's creative direction. I designed the brand identity for prophecyIQ as well as developed the brand guide, color schemes, imagery, and marketing materials.
- Designed UX and visual assets for IoT products.
- Designed the onboarding experience for IoT developer experience project on IBM bluemix.
- Conducted design thinking workshops with clients and stakeholders to distill end user value and deliver truly unique and innovative experiences.
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design
Carleton University - Ottawa
Design Indaba Global Graduate